Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I've been checkin out this site for awhile now and currently thinkin about getting an 08 Tundra CM 4x4, but also looking into an Avalanche LT. I have owned an 03 Silverado LS, 06 RAM quad 4x4, but just can not make the jump to the tundra due to being leary about some of the issues I've read about.
Love the both of them, Tundra drives real nice, alot of toys in stock form. I have two large mutts a 70 pound retriever, and a 55 pound 5 month old mastiff. Need the back seat room. The Old lady has a Lexus IS, so I know toyota quality is outstanding but very nervous about dropping that much money on something that may spend more time in the shop then in my driveway, like all the other new guys, any knowledge of new issues or just your opinions would be helpful. Thanks, and I've picked up alot of info from all of your discussions.

·
Registered
341 Posts
welcome to the site. May I say, buy the tundra you will not regret it, i promise. I love my truck more and more everyday.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
sup man, always nice to see new people on the site, congrats on the tundra

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Go with the tundra. I haven't yet bought one, I'm waiting for my re-enlistment bonus, but I test drove an 08 crewmax 4x4 tundra grade and I loved it. I didn't see any "bed bounce" issues that people have been complaining about on the freeway either. It rides smoother than my Jeep Grand Cherokee, and smoother than my chevy cobalt (POS). I've decided on the 08 tundra grade, as there's not anything in the SR5 model that I can't live without. I'll also be getting the bench front seat, I hate the huge console in the middle of the seperate front seats, plus with the bench you can seat 6 and there's plenty of room to do that in the tundra. There's more room in it than there is in the crewcab f-150 pickups.

I also looked at a Tacoma and I just feel cramped in it, I guess I'm just used to all the space coming from a Jeep Grand cherokee.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am waiting on the same thing your are wildbill23c, I haven't noticed the bed bounce either when I test drove the tundra, but I gotta say the ride in the avalanche was pretty close to the tundra, I am worried about the tail gate with all the posts I've read here and on some of the other threads. I have a 600 hundred pound bike and with all the moving I do I have to know that the truck is going to hold up for the long haul. Pretty sure at this point I will be getting the tundra though, sometime in Jan. Thanks everyone for the reply's, this old ARMY guy appreaciates it.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
hutch33

No matter what truck I drive, if I'm going to load something heavy in the back I either remove the tailgate or I remove the retaining cables so that it drops so I can use a loading ramp. Ford Tailgates are notorious for shattering when you drop a 150 pound bale of hay on it. Plus rather than trying to load a dirt bike, motor cycle, or ATV in my truck I use a trailer, they're lower to the ground, and takes a lot less effort to load and unload them, and there isn't as steep of a hill to try and get up into the back of the truck that way either. It leaves more room for my coolers, and gear to not have a ATV taking up the whole bed of my truck.

After my Chevrolet experience with my 2006 cobalt, I'm never going near a Chevy car lot, and will never own another chevy. They're crap in my opinion and their mechanics don't know anything either, or at least the Peterson Chevrolet mechanics in Boise Idaho don't.

As of this coming Monday I will be taking over the supply room for my National Guard Armory so I'm going to be needing a pickup pretty quickly. Our outgoing supply SGT just got his 2008 tundra and he loves it.

I see a few speeding tickets in my near future I'm afraid with that new truck. So the cruise control is going to be a great feature.

·
Registered
20 Posts
welcome hutch
well i have had my 07 dc 5.7 for 3 months now only have 1800 miles on it but wow the best vehicle i have ever owned. no problems whatsoever, except peeps staring lol.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Welcome to the site.

I did a lot of reading up on all of the trucks before I made my decision to buy a 2007 Tundra CM 5.7 TRD. I drove all the same trucks in it's class (really, this is in a class on it's own engine wise) and felt that I liked this one the best for the price and craftsmanship. Ford was 2nd. Chevy and Dodge didn't make it very far when I drove them... :)

G

·
Welcome to the site. Every truck has it's issues. I have an 08 DC TRD 4x4 and love it. I have had it about a month and already have just over 4,000 miles on it. I found that it does ride a little rough on choppy concrete hwys but nothing to serious. I have an atv trailer but I do load in the back occasionally. It's a great truck and pulls trailers almost as good as a diesel. Go with the Tundra!

·
Registered
491 Posts
just do it!

check out the end-of-year deals....I got my 07 reg cab shortbed 4x4 sr5 at invoice/ 0 down/ 0% for 5 yrs...including substantial negative equity on a POS Titan at Titus Will in Tacoma...funny thing - the owner's manual and such are all for '08. I haven't experienced any of the ' problems' at 3,000 mi... the ride is firm and if you tickle the throttle stuff WILL fly around in the cab..that's how I get my dogz to sit down and shutup. btw: I'd stand-in for Monica Lewinski before I bought another Chevy.

·
Registered
491 Posts
LOL! I had a plastic Jesus on my dash but it went flyin' when I romped on the gas... the pitbull ate it and I don't wanna go pickin' for the pieces so it's off to Kmart for some more religion...those big empty parking lots are great for experimenting with how Tundra plays on ice. So far, so good...'can't really feel the program kicking in/out, but it's there. Maybe I can forego the PJ and just let Lord 'Yota take of things.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I myself am very pleased with the Tundra.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Tundra FTW!

·
Registered
279 Posts
I researched alot and wanted a tacoma for years. But it took only one ride in the tundra, and now its mine. As for the wife, I got her to the toyota lot and got her to look at both trucks. She wanted nothing to do with the tacoma, but when the saleman handed her the keys to the tundra, well that was it. She hopped in just like she owned it, and shes only 4'9". Sold.

ras:p

·
Registered
736 Posts
Kinda what happened to me. I purposely put her in the Tacoma first, then we went and got in the Tundra. I told her I was leaning for the Taco, cause it could probably do what we needed it to do (pull a boat). She told me to get the Tundra!! I said, "What a great idea you have":)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Impelled, are u going to add the/a recon light bar, and do you have a bug guard, I am getting my running boards shipped this week, my xmas gift as well as the EGR bug guard, and the underseat storage that the wife bought me but does not know it yet, it in the garage, but she does not know it, I will act supprised when I put it under the tree!!:D I really want the bora dual exhaust that exits out under the back bumper, does any one know if it will interfere with the hook for the trailer lights.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts