Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I just upgrade from an '09 Tacoma, to a '10 Tundra 5.7L DC TRD Off Road. I'm liking the power, room, and a real sized bed!

And mods have been ordered, toytec suspension, toyota bed mat, extang solid fold bed cover, etc...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Centennial Colorado!

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Congrats on the upgrade. Definitely a change from the Tacoma. Not that the Tacoma was a bad truck, just never saw the point in it, when it got the same fuel economy as the 5.7L V8's in the new tundras. Looked at a Tacoma when I got my Tundra and said why get a smaller truck with a V6 if it doesn't get any better fuel economy than the Tundra I got.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on the upgrade. Definitely a change from the Tacoma. Not that the Tacoma was a bad truck, just never saw the point in it, when it got the same fuel economy as the 5.7L V8's in the new tundras. Looked at a Tacoma when I got my Tundra and said why get a smaller truck with a V6 if it doesn't get any better fuel economy than the Tundra I got.
True, I never got better tha 17mpg in my tacoma, often 15-16. And it was underpowered with the 4L v6 auto in the doublecab 4x4... But the rest of the truck was typical toyota good...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well the tacoma does get better gas mileage there is no argument there, more than the 4.6? barely, but way more than the 5.7 for sure I consistently got 19 city and 22 highway. Congrats on the move up.

I too am two weeks into a move from the tacoma.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Welcome and enjoy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome to TT from Texas!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
thanks all, here's my first mods: toyota bed mat, and a extang solid fold bed cover. It supports my weight (210 lbs) and can be taken off in under a minute with no tools. Lock the tailgate, and it can't be opened/removed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts