Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still shopping and researching at this point. Thinking very seriously about trading out my old F150 for a Tundra Crewmax. I've found some really good advice on this site -- thanks to everybody who has contributed.

· Premium Member
554 Posts
Good luck and hold out for a great deal on the 2013's when the 2014's come out. They will definitely be prices to move since the dealerships will try to get the new models on/off the lot!

Where at in NC?

· Registered
8,147 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I was where you are now about 3 years ago. Good luck with purchase.

· Premium Member
2,270 Posts
:welcome:

· Registered
544 Posts
Thanks! Funny -- about 3 years ago I decided that my next truck would be a Tundra. But then I got distracted by that new V6 turbo engine that Ford came out with.

I should have mentioned that I am in Charlotte.
Charlotte here to.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Took almost a month, but we got it wrapped up today. Thanks to George M. and the other fellas at Rock Hill for setting us up with our new crewmax 5.7L 4x2. They are a class act.

On the way home, I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun our new tundra was to drive. When we were looking we only test the drove 4x4 5.7FFV crewmax. Mechanically, it felt like a step up from my old 4.6L v8 F150 supercab, but not by that much. We we mostly interested in the extra back seat space, so that was fine.

But comparing the 4x2 non-ffv 5.7L V8 that we bought today to the FFV that we tested, I'd swear it's a whole different truck. Quicker, quieter, smoother transition between acceleration and cruise. I don't think I am imagining the differences, and do not think they are explained by the 300# weight penalty for 4wd. Does this make any sense to anybody?

· Registered
8,147 Posts
Congrats, man. Enjoy the beast. Post up some pictures of your new Tundra.

· Registered
8,147 Posts
Very nice. I see that you picked the best color for your Tundra. Congrats.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.