Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

New guy here, from San Jose, Costa Rica!

833 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  edc1911 
#1 ·
Hello community - happy to be joining now...

Just bought my first Tundra.. 2012 CrewMax Platinum w/33k miles on it.

In Costa Rica, full size trucks are not very common. Gas prices are too high, about $3.5/gallon (regular) right now (and gas is "cheap" everywhere right now, right?), infrastructure is not really built for big cars and Diesel engines are everywhere (my wife's car is a diesel Toyota Fortuner, not sold in the US, but is it a SUV based on the Hilux Pick-up Truck, similar size to the Tacoma).

I bought this one cause it is just a bad-ass car, big engine, fun to drive and good lucking...

Anyway, just wanted to say hi!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·

^ Nice....

hola mi amigo y bienvenidos...

I've got a coworker retiring next year.
he thinks his is going to move to Costa Rica and find a place to retire in.

#6 ·
hey all - thanks for the welcome messages...

Not sure what mods yet.. I kinda like the stock version of it.. I may be looking into lifting it and maybe larger wheels? dunno yet. Bed cover is coming next week, so that I'll definitely do.

This car is so much fun.. I'm not a kid (but not too old, 34), however, I'm enjoying it like a little kid every day...

If anyone has plans to make it to CR, just let me know, I'll help you move around and plan your trip :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.