Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new here. Been trolling for a little while. I don't own a Tundra yet, but I'm learning valuable information and learning just how much the mods are going to cost me when I do.

Currently I own a 2002 Tacoma, but with my family increasing in the new future I'm going to need something a little more spacious, and the Tundra fits right into what I'm looking for. So that being said I'll post the pics as soon as I get the truck.

Thanks for having a great community of people and a great place to learn new things. I've already seen a few people on here that are active members from my town, and that's encouraging. See on the forums.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Which armpit town of central ca? Welcome aboard

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Bakersfield variety. I know there are several armpits, but we're at the bottom so we get all the crap from everyone else.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Ahh, just due south, there are a few of you popping up down there lately

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I've seen a couple guys on here. I just really want to find my new truck. I'm hoping to find a used Crew Max 4wd in any color other than black red or maroon. Also hoping to keep it under $25k which is tough but not impossible.

Anyways, yeah I'm up in Clovis all the time for work and sometimes we stop in Visalia for lunch on the way up or back just depends on when we leave Bako.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You are welcome to post up pictures of Tundra when you get one. Meanwhile, feel free to post some pictures of your Taco. I almost bought a Taco and I still do like that little truck.

By the way, for those of us outside of California, what is it the armpit of California? Is it due to the presence of smelly industries? :confused:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
By the way, for those of us outside of California, what is it the armpit of California? Is it due to the presence of smelly industries? :confused:
The armpit of California generally refers to the central valley of California, from Bakersfield to about Modesto. We affectionately refer to it as the arm pit be it's ridiculously hot in the summer (last year we had something like 50 days of 100+ degree weather), and we sweat a lot here, so hot and sweating makes it the arm pit.

Plus we are neglected by the rest of the state, despite being the some of the most fertile agricultural ground in the world. The likelihood that you have eaten something grown in the central valley is about 90%. 85% of Bolthouse juices and salad dressings, "cutie" oranges, "wonderful pistachios," baby carrots, table grapes, wines, not to mention a major portion of the worlds cotton, they are all grown, processed, and produced in the central valley.

So not to go too political, it's just funny how a major portion of the states income comes from the central valley yet we are treated like a step child with the plague.

That's the arm pit of California, and I love it here.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm in the North way west. Like past Allen Road west. I grew up off Mt. Vernon and Bernard, then my parents moved off Olive. Then when I got married my wife and I move out to the boonies after an unfortunate incident with our neighbor growing corn in the front yard and blasting his version of "music" from one car in the garage while washing the other in the drive way at 7am on a Saturday. Yeah now our closest neighbor is more than 100' away and I love it.

Reactions: Dragos28

·
Registered
197 Posts
Welcome,
Looks like we are getting alot of new members here in Bakersfield!
What part of town you in?
Sweet another one bites the dust!! Ive been seeing a lot of nice tundras here in town...

Dragos, im still wanting to come by and de-badge my truck!!! Just been super busy with work and my kiddos (twins)... Maybe this weekend ill hit yah up!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I've seen MadMan around town. Really like the grill. Hopefully I'll be getting my Tundra closer to the end of this year. Waiting to refi the house and get a little closer to the baby getting here then we'll make the jump to the full size truck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts