Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody! My name is Jesse! I'm from Winnipeg, Manitoba, and I am a new Tundra owner.
A brief history about myself:
I've been into cars for a while, am a tuner fan for sure, but I have always had a love for trucks.
When I was 18 I bought a 2010 Honda Civic Si brand new off the lot, and have loved it ever since.
My girlfriend and I found out we were having a son shortly after, so I had picked up a minty 1990 Jetta 4 doors, more space)to drive around in winter and to/from work.
The head gasket went on the Jetta after a year, so I picked up a 2003 Cavalier to drive around in place of the Jetta. I do construction for a living, and my job sites were tearing apart my car (I don't drive my Civic unless I can park on pavement, it's too low to drive through the fields).
After a year or so the Cavalier needed all new struts, front axles, a new front bumper, basically a whole new front end from driving through the mud and ruts at work.
I decided it was time to get a truck.
The Tundra has always caught my eye, it has that aggressive, almost "dodge" style to the front end, but with your sleek, rounded, Japanese styling, without the Dodge wiring and fuel consumption, and the added comfortability and reliability of Toyota! So, I picked one up this passed Saturday, and took delivery on Tuesday of my 2010 Tundra SR5 Double Cab with the 4.6L.
I got the 4.6L for 2 reasons, there wasn't any 5.7's available, and the added fuel mileage is something that will benefit me on the days where I need to drive across the entire city for work!
I'm not new to forums (especially car forums), I mostly joined up to learn more about my truck and any parts that are available for it.
Anyways, here are some pictures.

This is my 2010 Civic Si

And my 2010 Tundra!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome from bc

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Western PA. That's cool color on your Tundra. Now you could put your Civic in the bed, haha. That's very good looking Civic. You will find that most of us try to be nice and helpful here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right now I'm looking at the Westin E-Series bull bar with fog lights.
Debating whether to take all the badges off, or just plasti-dip them.
Right now looking for exhaust and intakes as well. I'm thinking about doing a custom dual-split setup with v force mufflers rather than buying a pre-made catback.
Intakes I'm having a rough time finding for the 4.6, everything I've seen is for the 5.7, but they look like they might be similar fits.
Injen offers a CAI and a Short Ram, I enjoy Injen products, but not sure which route to go.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum from Western PA. That's cool color on your Tundra. Now you could put your Civic in the bed, haha. That's very good looking Civic. You will find that most of us try to be nice and helpful here.
Yeah I love the color! I'm usually into white or black, but this blue really sparkles, and it was the only one on the lot haha.
Everybody keeps saying "Now you can tow your civic!" hah, I probably will eventually. No trailer though...
I like nice and helpful, a lot of forums can be pretty ruthless if you aren't one of the "original members", takes a lot away from the scene. Some friends and I started a local car enthusiast forum this passed year, and have grown to about 1000 members (Not counting your instagram) because of our helpful and respectful attitude.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welcome from Ontario eh. Nice to see more Canadian members.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts