Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2012 double cab limited with only 50,000 miles. Looking forward to learning a lot here. Traded in a 2016 Ram ecodiesel. Awesome truck, but between the recalls and terrible dealership service departments I became exhausted. Fortunately, I did very well on my trade in. Will miss the Ram, but really liking the Tundra so far.

I have plans to add remote start, a slightly more aggressive exhaust, figuring out the JBL system, maybe a grill swap, and several little things here and there.

Made the change because of Toyota's reputation for toughness and reliability. Giving up a truck under full factory warranty for a 10 year old Toyota seems crazy. But I'm taking the chance that this will be a reliable workhorse for many years.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just got a 2012 double cab limited with only 50,000 miles. Looking forward to learning a lot here. Traded in a 2016 Ram ecodiesel. Awesome truck, but between the recalls and terrible dealership service departments I became exhausted. Fortunately, I did very well on my trade in. Will miss the Ram, but really liking the Tundra so far.

I have plans to add remote start, a slightly more aggressive exhaust, figuring out the JBL system, maybe a grill swap, and several little things here and there.

Made the change because of Toyota's reputation for toughness and reliability. Giving up a truck under full factory warranty for a 10 year old Toyota seems crazy. But I'm taking the chance that this will be a reliable workhorse for many years.
29 people saw this before me and didnt bother to like or comment on your post. That seems to be a common thing… I just might look for another Tundra forum where people actually communicate. Anyways beyond my bitching… WELCOME ABOARD!

·
Registered
2 Posts

I

·
Registered
2 Posts
I. Have the 2016 with only 14500 mile and I have a viper system for the remote starter and I love it. The folks that put my in was my local stereo shop and. They did a great job. The service plan I went with cost me $75.00 year. I call start my truck anywhere just as long I havel cell service so if it is summer I have cool and if it’s winter I’m nice and warm just got to remember to set the gauges lol. Hope this help you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts