Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm busy installing a 3.5" IronMan Foam Cell Pro Lift, and I cannot for the life of me get the front coil-overs to line up. As you can see from the photos, I have the 4 top bolts lined up but the bottom mount is cockeyed from the orientation where it needs to be. Photo is of the passenger side, but it was a very similar situation on the driver side. I don't want to just excess force it in there with a mallet because that would destroy the finish of both the shock and the LCA and expose both of them to Minnesota Salt and cause them to rust much more quickly.

Has anyone else had this happen? Is there a good way to re-align the bottom shock hole? If I just shove a screwdriver in there and try to twist it, will it damage anything? I've installed a lift kit before on a 4runner and didn't have this issue, but this is still only my second lift install ever so could be something really simple that I'm overlooking. Any help or tips would be appreciated on this.
Light Coil spring Automotive tire Gas Terrestrial plant

Automotive tire Line Gas Rim Bicycle part

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should be able to use a long 3/8 extension to align the bottom or possibility take some tension off the spring to make it align easier.
Worked like a charm, I was able to twist it enough to force it into the slot. Doing so did cause a crack to develop in the driver side shock bushing so hopefully that doesn't come back to bite me, but the shocks are physically installed at this point!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts