Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all,

Picked up a demo '08 5.7L DC 4x2 (Pyrite Mica) last Tuesday night. Traded in my 4 year old Tacoma DoubleCab 2.4L 4x2. The Tundra is recertified by Toyota and they gave me a 7yr/100k on the drive train and good financing. They matched my Tacoma payment so I was happy (they really wanted my Tacoma). For an extra $20/mo. I wrapped the 7yr/100k bumper to bumper with a $50 deductible. Also, came with a Line-X job in it.

Bench seat with fold down console, power windows, etc.. It tundra doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but it's got the things I was looking for...and the POWER is unbelievable!

Not much I plan to do with it upgrade-wise. I had an Undercover Tonneau on the Tacoma which I loved, so I will be putting one of those on asap. And, I think I will put in the underseat storage tray. I really like the auxillary jack for the audio system (hey, I'm an older guy...little things like that get me going).

Here's question for someone...it has power door locks, but no remote keyless entry. Can one be added? No big deal if it can't (my Tacoma was bone stock with crank windows and power nothing).

This is basically a "to work and back" vehicle for me (13 miles each way) with an occasional trip hauling a pop-up camper or a motorcycle trailer (probably more or these trips now that our youngest is away at college).

I have found a great deal of info already on this forum, just in the couple days since finding it. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Be sure to post up some pics of your new (to you) ride! We all like pics!

I am pretty sure you can add key-less entry if it's power doors. You might just actuators or something added, and you might want to go aftermarket rather than the dealer. Unless of course all the wiring is already there and the fobs were just lost. The fobs are separate on my 2012, which is weird in this day and age. I have considered a remote starter and I bet you could combine remote entry with a system like that. For a price that is.

I am by no means an expert though, on any of this. Do a search, it's a pretty powerful engine they have here.

Rob

·
Registered
409 Posts
Yeah if it has power locks then u can add a keyless system to if it didnt already come with one, its a ton cheaper to go after market than the toyota add on kit. Did u get the build sheet to say if it came with it or not from the plant? Where at in sc are ya?

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Yea, and to expand on what BLOWN said, if you call any dealer and ask to speak to the parts guys and give them your vin, they can pretty much tell you what was stock or not on your truck when it was bought.

On the other hand, when I bought my new wheels/tires and needed to know what size rotors I had, I called and asked and they were asking me if I had the option for the larger ones installed. DUH!

But you can still give it a try.

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
I just like to visit the new member area from time to time and see who has the lowest number of replies and welcome them to the club. Hurt feelings have no time limit. Better late than never.

And I am old and burnt out and didn't see the date of the OP! LOL
Guess I will pay more attention from now on.
Rob

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
It's all good, but I have to give you sh*t lol.

As far as the hurt feelings fill this out: LOL

Now that's F'n funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's ok, you'll be old someday, chasin' kids off your lawn, keeping their Frisbee's. Then we'll see if it's funny.

Rob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts