Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Keep us updated on the performance of these if u don't mind. Mine need replacing soon and I have no clue what to go with.

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These should be a good upgrade from stock. Made out of the same material as oem but drilled and slotted to keep heat down. I tow and haul so I'll know shortly if they suck or not. They arent any bigger in diameter, so stopping power won't be any better. I'd like to point out that the oem kit is the exact same amount as these.

·
I Kick Hippies
1,274 Posts
Nice post/link Gabe, will be watching for your performance update.

In the meantime, wash those wheels and get some VRT on those tires man! :D

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Just an update, the brakes work great. No weird wobbles or noises and surprise surprise! They stop. I liked them enough that I bought the set for the fronts as well and you buy the whole front and rear kit on amazon for 390, if you have prime it's free 2 day shipping. [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FKE5OW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
538 Posts
might have to get these when its brake time

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
I just put these same ones on my front. $200 from amazon and free prime shipping. I have about 5k on them and I took off my tire the other day and the drills and slots were filled up with what looked like brake pad. This is my first time with drilled and slotted rotors so I dont know if thats normal or not? I have only towed once with them and it was a car trailer. Nothing major.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Probably a mix of road grime and dust, the ones on my rear are still fairly clean and I've had them on for about 3-4k miles.

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still working real well. No fading or caking up from off-roading either, will definitely buy these again

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have the amazon powerstop setup on front and rear and for the price you cant get any better. I have hawk performance semi metallic pads in the rear and ceramic in the front. let me tell you, the hawk pads saved my life this morning here in Houston where it has randomly had icey streets. I will only be purchasing cross drilled and slotted for my truck from now on. not only do they stop way better but they look pretty wicked on my truck as well. I have been reading up on brake pads and I hear the semi metallic provide a better bite over ceramics even given the hype of ceramics. I also have read that you can safely turn down drilled/slotted once or twice depending who is doing the turning. over rating on the powerstop rotors off of amazon. for they are a 10.

Reactions: NIE_Cal and SoCalJ

·
Registered
100 Posts
I replaced mine with slotted but not drilled... heard of (not seen..) too many drilled rotors crack around the holes under extreme conditions, but most of that from race type weekend warriors in cars. Not saying towing will be extreme unless you ride the brakes lol, but I'm interested in seeing how they work out over time. I agree getting the gases away from the pads, and upgrading the pads is all good....

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have front and rear drilled/slotted and my truck is a daily and I have no issues with mine except for the habit of braking later than I used because I know this brake set up will stop way better. the powerslot set up isn't bad. but if you want you can go to tundraracing.com and get your front and rear rotors for a couple hundred bucks per pair.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Power Stop 1-Click Extreme Truck & Tow Brake Kits

Has anyone tried Power Stop 1-Click Extreme Truck & Tow Brake Kits? This is apparently one step up from the standard power stop kit that offers superior stopping power during tow/haul. See link below

Products Page - Performance Brake Parts - Drilled and Slotted Rotors - Ceramic Brake Pads

If the original power stop kit is good, then I would suppose these ones would be way better for ultimate loads.

What do you think?

·
Registered
380 Posts
If you do any towing or a lot of heavy, hard braking you should skip the drilled rotors. Slotted will be fine but drilled will warp faster under hard conditions.

I put Power Stop Cryo slotted rotors with Hawk pads on mine last year. Impressive stopping power and still smooth after a bunch of towing and heavy braking. They were a bit loud at first until they broke in and sometimes squeak and grind in dusty conditions.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts