Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw that Cooper released and new tire in the Discoverer line - the Rugged Trek.

Rugged Trek

Looks like a hybrid mud/all terrain with bigger side lugs than the AT3 but more voids in the center tread like the STT Pro. lots of tread depth (18.5/32” on LT tires). Limited tire sizes right now but they have an LT275/70R18 and a 275/65R18. Tire weight isn’t bad either. I’m really interested tot see how these do in the snow but I’m sure I will have to wait a while for that. My AT3 XLT’s are almost done and I’ll be shopping for new shoes soon.

Maybe @Discount Tire can weigh in on these as far availability and how they compare to the AT3?

Reactions: RIjon and cliffy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just purchased these from Discount Tire in Lakeland FL the other day in a 285/70r17. From the short 85 miles I’ve driven them seem to ride smooth and handle great. From my experience with tires I think this will be a strong performer in light off road and snow. Has a very similar feel to the Goodyear Duratrac. But it’s a Cooper not Goodyear. Which may be a win for some?
Either way no regrets.

take a peak at Mickey Thompson’s new Baja Boss AT as well. Very similar to this new Cooper Rugged Trek tire. I’m assuming it’s the same carcass with different tread designs as Mickey Thompson is made by Cooper I believe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts