Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found anything that is a real "new car smell" My car is 2 months old and it's starting to loose the smell......

Reactions: Goodwood

· Premium Member
2,270 Posts

· Registered
1,093 Posts
Walmart sells some stuff that goes in the air vents, called "new car scent". It might smell like Creos underwear for all All I know though. Give that a try.

· Registered
28 Posts
You probably might want to look into getting a new cabin air filter that will help, that way you get fresh air to cycle thru the cabin and bring back that new car smell, my truck started to smell too and I did everything I could to keep the new car scent, but failed, until I swapped my filter out. after a trip to work and back let the truck sit in the sun, the smell came back.

· Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Isn't the new car smell actually something like the glues and adhesives out gassing because they are not cured yet? That stuff probably isn't too good to be breathing if so.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
12 Posts
Not the same, but I had an older dodge that started to smell. At the same time I had done some remodeling at work, there was some "new" left over carpet. I put it in the rear cab. The next day truck smelled good, but it was only till I took the carpet out.

· Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Isn't the new car smell actually something like the glues and adhesives out gassing because they are not cured yet? That stuff probably isn't too good to be breathing if so.

I always thought this too. I used to take my Ford truck to a car wash where a friend worked. I always picked the new car scent for the interior. It wasn't too bad, but not the same.

I think if someone could come up with an actual new car smell air freshener, they could make a lot of money. Shark Tank anyone?

· Premium Member
1,973 Posts

My uncle worked at the GM plant in Ohio. He told me once that the smell is actually the foam in the seats. If some one could capture that in a bottle, they'd be set.

· "Off-Topic Discussion Troll"
1,288 Posts
I like my fresh fart smell!!
I think this is the same as the Mr. Creosote air freshener. Just without the Canadian musty twinge to it....

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol is it safe to burn candles in ur truck? i found somthing called man candles

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.