Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
I swapped out brake lines with stainless steel, slapped on cryo-slotted rotors, Hawk pads and was super impressed with improved stopping. Definitely worked best for my 2008 Tundra from what I've previously tried.

·
Registered
2008 Tundra Limited Crew Cab
3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
You will get a Ton of opinions and recommendations which is good I guess. You can pick and choose what you want to use. I will say this……. A Brake mechanic told me the stock rotors will tend to heat up and warp fairly shortly in their life-cycle which causes steering wheel shake later. I installed Brembo Rotors (not the most expensive- not drilled) and it was like I had a new brake system. I can’t imagine how nice it would with other high-end improvements.
Get Brembo Rotors,
Eddie

·
Registered
2012 CM SR5 5.7L 4WD
23 Posts
I came here as well for opinions on brakes when I did a complete all around brake job on my truck almost this time last year. I ended up choosing the power stop truck and tow kit/series for my 2012 crewmax and could not be happier. Yes they have the drillled and slotted rotors. I was talking to my neighbor who is a certified Toyota master mechanic and he recommended keeping the runner brake lines as I was considering swapping out for the SS as well from powerstop. As previously mentioned you will get all different answers but I have been a happy camper. You can find the PS on Amazon or at summit racing and I actually found the kit the cheapest at rock auto. Better than giving Bezos more bucks. Oh and the red calipers look great 👍🏻.

Reactions: Chilledman

·
Registered
38 Posts
I fully agree.
And embed properly for best results, longest life.
AKEBONO PERFORMANCE ULTRA PREMIUM CERAMIC DISC BRAKE PAD KIT is top notch.
Made in USA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts