Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, my first post, been lurking for a while but decided to post after I got my new exhaust system today!

I've been researching a lot on different types of systems for my truck. I do not like the look of a tailpipe coming out the back, all of my previous trucks I've ran a turndown before the rear axle. I almost ordered the magnaflow race system for this truck, but I'm glad I didn't!

I contacted Keith from BAMufflers, we spoke about what I had in mind. He gave me a few options, one was to dump after the Y-pipe on his cat back and the other was to cut the stock tailpipe right before it turns to come out the side of the truck.

Keith installed the cat back and was willing to go for a ride with me to hear the sound of the system just dumped before the axle. It was loud, but amazingly didn't drone! Keith even told me that the cat back with the 8 inch mufflers he put on my truck dumped had the same sound as the 6 inch system he had on his personal truck, but his was through the tailpipe!

Even though their wasn't any drone when dumped it still had a very loud and knarly growl, a little too much for my DD. I opted to have the stock tailpipe installed with the helmholtz resonator, but with a twist :D

Keith cut the stock tailpipe for me right before it turned to come out the side of the truck, so basically it's dumped after the axle, so looking from the back of the truck the tailpipe cannot be seen, exactly what I wanted! He sprayed it all high temp flat black for me too!

Here's some pics

The last 3 pics show where it's dumped. The sound is excellent! No stupid drone, but sounds BA when you put your foot in it! I know theirs a huge thread on here about BAmuffler and its nothing but win, well here's another happy customer, thanks again Keith!

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Nice...I really need to put some $ aside for one of Kieth's system's, they sound awesome!! And quality appears to be top notch.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Hey everyone, my first post, been lurking for a while but decided to post after I got my new exhaust system today!

I've been researching a lot on different types of systems for my truck. I do not like the look of a tailpipe coming out the back, all of my previous trucks I've ran a turndown before the rear axle. I almost ordered the magnaflow race system for this truck, but I'm glad I didn't!

I contacted Keith from BAMufflers, we spoke about what I had in mind. He gave me a few options, one was to dump after the Y-pipe on his cat back and the other was to cut the stock tailpipe right before it turns to come out the side of the truck.

Keith installed the cat back and was willing to go for a ride with me to hear the sound of the system just dumped before the axle. It was loud, but amazingly didn't drone! Keith even told me that the cat back with the 8 inch mufflers he put on my truck dumped had the same sound as the 6 inch system he had on his personal truck, but his was through the tailpipe!

Even though their wasn't any drone when dumped it still had a very loud and knarly growl, a little too much for my DD. I opted to have the stock tailpipe installed with the helmholtz resonator, but with a twist :D

Keith cut the stock tailpipe for me right before it turned to come out the side of the truck, so basically it's dumped after the axle, so looking from the back of the truck the tailpipe cannot be seen, exactly what I wanted! He sprayed it all high temp flat black for me too!

Here's some pics

The last 3 pics show where it's dumped. The sound is excellent! No stupid drone, but sounds BA when you put your foot in it! I know theirs a huge thread on here about BAmuffler and its nothing but win, well here's another happy customer, thanks again Keith!

thx for the kind words!! I really appreciate the order. Glad ya like it. sounds awesome pulling away BTW.

stay in touch!!

Keith

BTW, here's the big Tundra exhaust thread

·
Registered
130 Posts

Here's some pics

Exhaust looks BA the way you have it cut just past the axle. Did it really make the exhaust that much louder than with the full pipe? My 8" system is en route from Cali to NJ as I type. Looking for an idea as to if this will work for me!

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
I didn't get a chance to ride in it with the tailpipe on:( but I can say that without the tailpipe it was pretty loud. Cutting that little bit of tailpipe won't make it that much louder, but without exiting the vehicle completely your going to get a little noise reverberating off the body panels making it sound a little bit louder.

·
I Kick Hippies
1,274 Posts
looks good, now let's hear how it sounds! post a video!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Exhaust looks BA the way you have it cut just past the axle. Did it really make the exhaust that much louder than with the full pipe? My 8" system is en route from Cali to NJ as I type. Looking for an idea as to if this will work for me!

The exhaust was much quieter with the tailpipe installed w/helmholtz rather than just dumped after the mufflers. I'm sure it's a little bit quiter if it exits the truck out the side in the stock configuration, but for me dumped behind the axle is perfect.

I've never heard a full stock tailpipe BAMuffler system in person, but like Keith said, I'm sure being dumped under the bed causes a little more noise. I like the way it sounds though, and ultimately it was the look I was going for.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
The exhaust was much quieter with the tailpipe installed w/helmholtz rather than just dumped after the mufflers. I'm sure it's a little bit quiter if it exits the truck out the side in the stock configuration, but for me dumped behind the axle is perfect.

I've never heard a full stock tailpipe BAMuffler system in person, but like Keith said, I'm sure being dumped under the bed causes a little more noise. I like the way it sounds though, and ultimately it was the look I was going for.
The difference is probably negligible being cut under the bed and not under the cab. For guys who want this look I say go for it!! Looks good and sounds even better:)

·
Registered
74 Posts
The difference is probably negligible being cut under the bed and not under the cab. For guys who want this look I say go for it!! Looks good and sounds even better:)
I think this idea is pretty sick. I just might consider this having done this weekend when you install my system keith.

thanks for the post!

·
Registered
130 Posts
the best part is that since you're local, I install totally free, trim tailpipe free, and paint tailpipe.........free:lol5:

Your system was built this morning BTW:D
Damn you locals! Haha If anything I would just like to meet the guy who builds these awesome systems and see where the magic happens.

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Keith,
Any other trim jobs since this one? Just curious.
Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
583 Posts
just a little louder is all, but if you don't mind that really no downside. rule of thumb is exit the vehicle completely so that is officially my recomendation:D
Lawyers and their mumbo jumbo babble fine print terms and conditions separate Ryder technical recommendations... :D

1 - 20 of 84 Posts