Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my truck back from the shop today. 5" zone lift plus 1" coach builder shim, shackle in the rear. Also added 20x10 fuel krank wheels -24mm offset with 35x12.50 toyos. Rides great. Night and day difference from the 3" leveling kit, so much smoother. Need to do my zero point calibration tomorrow. Here's a quick picture, going to wash and detail it later this week, will add more pics then.

Attachments

·
Registered
535 Posts
Looks fantastic! Nice setup!

Reactions: BigBlueAZ

·
Registered
345 Posts
Looks awesome! I'd like to see some pics of how far your tires stick out as I'm about to put the same lift on my truck and am afraid my wheels aren't gonna be wide enough

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
Sweet looking set up!!! Can you post pics from front/back? Also, upgrade that signature:cool:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pic

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sweeeet!!! Looks perfect! Congrats bro.
I pick mine up tomorrow. Im getting the lift installed.
I cant wait. I will have a similar set up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Loving it congrats

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ill post more pics when I get back home. Got the lift put on here up at my dads. No rub on this setup. Sticks out hella far. Need flares but I think I blew my years truck budget on this lol. Might be a while

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What wheels did you get?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That was for signaltwenty

·
Registered
345 Posts
Fuel Hostage 20x9 +1 offset. Thinking I should've went with 20x10 -12 offset instead. I don't want it flush or stick way out either. Somewhere in between would be perfect

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Hey jpmills did you notice the power loss in your new set up ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
But thanks for the compliments guys. I'm loving it. Fell in love with the truck again. Can't get over how good it rides. Got a super killer deal on the wheels. Discount had them sitting in their shop for 7 months, said they ordered them for a guy and he never came back. The wife loves it too, so I'm in the clear.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey jpmills did you notice the power loss in your new set up ?
I have not yet. Took wife and baby to dinner tonight, got some lights on the dash so didn't wanna risk it ya know. Had 35s on it before on 18s, the truck felt way heavier and clunkier. Ill smash on the gas once I get like 500 miles and the lift components have all settled and I've double checked all the bolts n nuts etc.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Fuel Hostage 20x9 +1 offset. Thinking I should've went with 20x10 -12 offset instead. I don't want it flush or stick way out either. Somewhere in between would be perfect
You'll wanna go +12 not -12. Factory is +60. The lower your offset the more the wheel will stick out. But if your gonna run a 6" lift your probably gonna be ok. It should look fine. 0 offset is about as far as you can go w/out being "way out there". I too debated over this wanting the BMF SOTAs. They have a 0 offset. Research offset pics and you will find many people have had the same question and a lot of people have provided good pics. Pay attention to wheel and tire width as well when looking at the pics. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Ugh oh lights on the dash are never good. Ahh you had 35s on before then your probably all ready used to the slower acceleration. Im feeling it after upgrading my truck makes me a little sad no more speed demon till I can afford to regear...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

The +1 should look good. I was scared mine wouldn't fit but I have a good inch clearance on the body mount. Sticks out hella far but I like that wide look vs tall skinny.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The lights were the vsc and 4hi flashing, should be cleared with the Zero point cal.

I've got the wife's g37 for going fast. Truck still has plenty of balls for me. Faster than my tuned 6 liter Denali I totaled (how I got the tundra)

·
Registered
109 Posts
The lights were the vsc and 4hi flashing, should be cleared with the Zero point cal.

I've got the wife's g37 for going fast. Truck still has plenty of balls for me. Faster than my tuned 6 liter Denali I totaled (how I got the tundra)
Lights due to the lift????

·
Registered
345 Posts
The +1 should look good. I was scared mine wouldn't fit but I have a good inch clearance on the body mount. Sticks out hella far but I like that wide look vs tall skinny.
I hope it works out bc I've looked at wheels and tires for three months and I hope it hasn't been "all for not". I hoping that going with the Zone 5" lift, that it will work out for what I'm looking for. I haven't been able to find anyone running a Fuel brand wheel with a +1 offset to make a comparison.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts