Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I have been looking for a tundra for awhile. A month. Almost bought a new one. A 5.7 SR DC. Then I decided 600 something a month for 6 years sounded ridiculous. So I have been watching craigslist and this lifted 2015 DC had been on there for what I thought was a good deal. seller wanted 28K, Its a 2015, 33k miles, 6" pro comp lift, 35" new tires, nice wheels, running boards, and some other bling. Its a sharp looking truck. I wasn't too excited about the 4.6 especially with a lifted truck. So I never looked at it. After 2 weeks I went and checked it out and drove it. Ill also add we are in a bad recession up here right now. Its a drag to sell anything at the moment. everyone is broke. That's why I think it was on there so long.

Good grief the thing does pretty good I think. It even has the 3.90 gears. course now that I have been reading these forums I'm kinda getting bummed and having some remorse. But I just went on a ride again with it and I cant see the problem.

Ill be towing 2 snowmachines or 2 four wheelers at most. I cant imagine this thing will have a problem with it. I mean my 97 ford with a 351w does that job no problem. And I think it only makes like 250 Hp.

I still think Ill regear it though. Maybe with just the 4.3's? Seems most everyone recommends the 4.88's. But then I would be in the 30k realm pricewise with this truck. Still worth it? I'm in Alaska btw. We kinda pay a premium for everything up here. Most tundras I saw that were comparable to this one were older, more miles, but still the same price as this one give or take. But 8k more and I can get brand new, 5.7 sr with tow package. I don't really care about a lift.

Course for saving 8 grand I can have this truck and a brand new polaris big boss

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why can't we swap in the bigger 10.5 axles from the 5.7? Seems like I could get those out of a junkyard for about the same price as a re gear? Course then I suppose my lift wouldn't match up with those right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.