Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been running some rockstars and wanted to try something new. seen where some guys are running this offset with minimal rubbing......well needless to say it takes more than minimal trimming to run em and i still have rubbing at full lock on the frame mount. had to trim the front bumper and remove the inner fender well behind the foglight but even when i had the rockstars on they still rubbed at the same spot on the front. trimmed the fender flare and part of the fender. still running the 325/60/20 terra grapplers, wanted some trail grapplers but they will have to wait. think it looks better than the rockstars??

rockstars

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
way better!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I like them way better than the Rockstars. maybe I have a bad taste in my mouth about Rockstars though. My MOM has them on her Yukon....

What kind of steps are those? I like them and may look into a set.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
how bad was the trimming on the fender? Are those tires equivalent to a 35" about?
according to nitto they are just a tad taller than a 35 but they don't measure that. had to trim part of the flare, couple inches of fender and still hit the frame mount at full lock. when the truck flexes just a little with the wheels turn it rubs. take it off the road any and anything other than going straight it gonna be rubbing.

shoulda seen the look on the faces of the guys at the tire shop when it hit the ground. had maybe a 1/4 that I could turn the wheel until it hit the bumper, it was a fun trip home having to back up to make turns. whoever runs these with a 6" lift must set taller than mine.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well after having this offset for awhile on this lift i will never buy em again unless i have a much bigger lift. not sure whats going on with other guys that are running the same lift with minimal rubbing on the just the front fender and not hitting the frame mount is beyond me. ive cut and chopped a ton of the frame mount off, i mean literally almost to the frame bolts and still rubs. chopped a bunch of the inner fender piece away and it still rubs on both. pretty sure i cant do any offroading with the wheels turned at all or it will prolly rip the tires. love the look but this offset with a 6" lift is no good! i would advise against this offset unless your atleast a 8" lift.

anybody have any suggestions to get another 1" or so out of the lift without putting the cv's in a bad bind?

·
Registered
128 Posts
well after having this offset for awhile on this lift i will never buy em again unless i have a much bigger lift. not sure whats going on with other guys that are running the same lift with minimal rubbing on the just the front fender and not hitting the frame mount is beyond me. ive cut and chopped a ton of the frame mount off, i mean literally almost to the frame bolts and still rubs. chopped a bunch of the inner fender piece away and it still rubs on both. pretty sure i cant do any offroading with the wheels turned at all or it will prolly rip the tires. love the look but this offset with a 6" lift is no good! i would advise against this offset unless your atleast a 8" lift.

anybody have any suggestions to get another 1" or so out of the lift without putting the cv's in a bad bind?

Would you try it on a 7" BDS? And is it because of the offset that it rubs so bad?! I want to get that EXACT setup but on a 7"BDS! What would you say?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
going off my truck, no I wouldn't. ive cut a lot of frame and still rub, not sure if 1 more inch would make it clear or not. if I get on any inclines with the wheels turned it still rubs like crazy.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Tires

according to nitto they are just a tad taller than a 35 but they don't measure that. had to trim part of the flare, couple inches of fender and still hit the frame mount at full lock. when the truck flexes just a little with the wheels turn it rubs. take it off the road any and anything other than going straight it gonna be rubbing.

shoulda seen the look on the faces of the guys at the tire shop when it hit the ground. had maybe a 1/4 that I could turn the wheel until it hit the bumper, it was a fun trip home having to back up to make turns. whoever runs these with a 6" lift must set taller than mine.
What do the tires measure out to? I want this size and offset with the bds 7. This is exactly what im worried about. I dont want to do any trimming, which is why i made a thread asking for pics of a 33" tire with this setup but i got more shit for it then i had hoped. lol. I cant go any higher than a 7 because of my garage and i think this offset is badass. Truck looks great but i cant see why people cut up their truck just to fit tires. I see youre taking them off, what size you switching to? Goodluck and i hope everything works out well.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
not taking em off yet unless i find a good trade. prolly end up with a body lift or something to keep from hitting the fenders in a turn. i dont mind cutting the frame mount because when i get done fabbing on it you will have to look hard to tell it was cut. i will be building a front bumper so i wont ever have anymore issues with rubbing there. all i wanna be able to do is clear the fenders while turning. i can achieve that with a body lift but i really dont want a body lift.

you might check out a 6" procomp, i read some guy has the same offset with no rubbing on the frame mount and said the procomp spindles are 1" forward. you must have a tall garage to be able to fit with a 7" lift.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
not taking em off yet unless i find a good trade. prolly end up with a body lift or something to keep from hitting the fenders in a turn. i dont mind cutting the frame mount because when i get done fabbing on it you will have to look hard to tell it was cut. i will be building a front bumper so i wont ever have anymore issues with rubbing there. all i wanna be able to do is clear the fenders while turning. i can achieve that with a body lift but i really dont want a body lift.

you might check out a 6" procomp, i read some guy has the same offset with no rubbing on the frame mount and said the procomp spindles are 1" forward. you must have a tall garage to be able to fit with a 7" lift.
Cool. I really like the way this offset looks. The body lift would be nice but understandable why you wouldn't wanna do it. My garage actually has a small opening but it's situated on a steep incline which allows me to get a higher truck in there. My truck would actually be higher than the opening. Haha. Been going back and forth between the procomp and bds so it's still a toss up. Just doing research now as I have a little one on the way.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Have the same ones w/ 0 offset and they rubbed bad for me. Wanted to -44 but wasn't lifted enough plus tires are too small. Just should have waited to do lift/tires/rims all together. Instead, bought the tires in March. Rims last week then decided this week getting a lift. FML! Not exactly what I want but it will do. Your truck looks great!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts