Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I purchased a double cab rock warrior over memorial day weekend. So far it's been great! I decided to go with the black exterior, since the rock warrior rear bumpers are black along with the trim. It's my first new vehicle I have purchased with black paint. It's garage kept at home and work so it should stay fairly clean. Sure does look tough...I love the BFG all terrain tires.

I have already added the info buttons and a Prodigy P3 brake controller.

I had been looking at a 4 door Tacoma but decided I should just go big - my trailer and tractor are right at the weight limit for the smaller truck. It was a 40th birthday present from me to me.

I also wanted to note a few things here:
There's no more valet key - I only got 2 keys/remotes. I was expecting 3 keys so I asked the salesman and he said this was a recent change - maybe for 2013. The owner's manual also references 2 keys. I guess this was cost savings for Toyota.

My tailgate lock was keyed wrong from the factory (actually they said none of the tumblers were set). They had to have a locksmith come in and fix it. My sales person checked a few other trucks on the lot and found one other truck with the same problem. Has anyone else had this problem? At first they thought it was just a problem in the latch mechanism (something they had seen before) but it was just the wrong lock cylinder.

I've learned a lot from reading these forums. Hopefully I can help others in the future.

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
Awesome bro, get a photo up at the first opportunity. Nice to have you over here. At least got a key to start it.

Joe

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Western PA. Black RW is a bada$$.

Toyota stopped giving out valet keys starting with 2011 models, as far as I know. Post up some pictures when you get a chance.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Dayum! Me eyeballs!! The sharpness!!!

JK, looks like a sweet truck. Black is about the only color the RW rims look good with, IMO.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
cONGRATS from one newbie rock warrior owner to another. I may be biased but I think the mag grey rw also looks good with the rw rims

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
Matt, took the words out of me old mouth - me old eyeballs! Love ye truck, point! That silver looking one too! Are those wheels alloy, aluminum, or just painted steel? Look great!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congrats!!!! Awesome truck, I was between a black crewmax rw and a blue trd. For a rock warrior black is definitely the way to go.

Now I gotta get my shoes and go try my tailgate lock. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I like magnetic grey too (my Camry is magnetic grey). I would have taken that if I couldn't get black.
Agreed - I was shopping for an MGM but only came up with black or white. Of course I ended up with Black. This reminds me, I've never even tried to lock the tailgate.. Guess I'll have to try. I also did the same mods already (brake controller and info buttons), but I pulled the brake controller off my Tacoma, so it was plug n' play already.

Loving the truck but will admit, I liked the seat in my Tacoma better (either material of the TRD Sport, or shape, just doesn't seem as "sporty" or hug as much. Oh well - can't ignore that power!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts