Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had three sets now of the NFab black nerf bars in 4 years as the finish keeps coming off. Just really frustrating.
I am looking to get something that will last and look good any suggestions?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Anyone running the N Fab rock rails? Do you have a photo of them on your truck? Thinking of getting a pair.
See my post above
Nibbs didn't pay attention thanks for the link. They look awesome! Been all over the place on what to get. Like these rock rails a lot. Rock sliders are great but not wanting to shell out $1,200 for SDHQ sliders.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Anyone running the N Fab rock rails? Do you have a photo of them on your truck? Thinking of getting a pair.
See my post above
Nibbs didn't pay attention thanks for the link. They look awesome! Been all over the place on what to get. Like these rock rails a lot. Rock sliders are great but not wanting to shell out $1,200 for SDHQ sliders.
No worries- fwiw- they’re still in great condition- haven’t had the rust develop- not even on the steps. I’m very pleased with them and hoping the bolt pattern and more so clearances will line up with the next tundra I get whenever that may be.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I agree with the previous comments about the Bedliner. I had a high dollar front bumper that kept losing the powder coat from rock chips, finally had it line x coated did not have another issue in the 6 yrs afterward. I even killed a small deer with it, only needed sprayed off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
No worries- fwiw- they’re still in great condition- haven’t had the rust develop- not even on the steps. I’m very pleased with them and hoping the bolt pattern and more so clearances will line up with the next tundra I get whenever that may be.
Have you taken the steps on and off at all? If so, can you address frequency and any "rub spots" between metal that would effect finish?

Truck looks great, by the way.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Have you taken the steps on and off at all? If so, can you address frequency and any "rub spots" between metal that would effect finish?

Truck looks great, by the way.

Haven’t taken them off since I put them on. We’re away right now so not near the truck- but I can look closer underneath upon return. I will say especially after some snow storms and me banging road slush off the steps, it has stuck out that I haven’t seen anything thus far which has been surprising. I had the nfab nerf steps prior, which rusted, then I raptor UPol’d - and had continued rust as a while (to be fair, I didn’t take a bunch of time prepping and cleaning. I wire wheeled and then used a spray encapsulate just to do something at the time). NFab was great with the warranty, and I love the look and functionality of the rails much better so it was an absolute win to pay the difference for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.