Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked these up today and I think they just came in as a brand new product. Front bucket seats only. Separate head rest. They are black and gray,which goes good with the existing interior.

They are a universal design and do OK over my cloth front seats, but don't fit as snuggly or look as good as Wet Okoles.

They are set up to allow for the side airbag, but hopefully that will never get tested.

Install took about 10 minutes, but I wasn't able to attach the under the seat velcro straps. Not sure if I'll ever be able to with all the stuff under there, but will give it a go when I've got more time.

For $20, I figured I didn't have much to lose...

Also picked up some of the Kirkland brand Meritage wine, which is really good and has nothing to do with Tundras.

·
Banned
3,314 Posts
I just blew my cash on running boards, and until I can swing for some clazzio seat covers I was looking for some cheapos. I wasn't sure the ones at Costco would fit, but now I might take a serious look at them. Do you Think they were worth the low $$$??

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They provide the basic function of covering the seat and keeping the beach water and sand off, so from that standpoint they were worth it.

I'll know better in a week if the fit is so loose that I decide to just pull them out and use a towel, but for $20, it was worth it to find out...

And you know how liberal Costco is with their return policy, so if you don't like them, you can just return them and get your money back.

But definitely pick up some wine. The Kirkland Malbec is also very nice...You can get a couple of bottles for the seat covers cost...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I saw those this past weekend and was curious. How loose-fitting are we talking here? When you get in the seat, does the cover slide with you? I have the dark grey dash with grey cloth- is this similar to what you have?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They're pretty loose, particularly since I haven't been able to get the strap to go under the seat, not that it's long enough to attach anyhow.

I have them for purely functional purpose of keeping the cloth dry when I drive home from the beach. If you're looking for something that looks sharp and fits snuggly, you should probably pass on these and spend the cash to get the Wet Okoles.

I've got the same interior as you do and for that they match well...

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are some pics.
For the money I think they are not bad at all. I just wanted basic protection.
And I did manage to attach the bottom strap.
We will see how long they last.
Thanks Halftondra.
You got it...nice work on getting the bottom strap attached...Do you have the power driver' seat? Any tips?

·
Registered
925 Posts
True that, I need some for my summer job so that I keep my seats clean.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Those don't look too bad for 20 bucks!

·
Registered
827 Posts
they look pretty damn good for the money. might have to buzz over there and take a look in person. what's the brand name on these?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Dumb question....but how would neoprene hold up against a dog, and dog hair. I have a bulldog mix that rides on the front seat and I'm tired of vacuuming the doghair up, and tired of washing the towels I put down...

Thanks in advance...

Dave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts