Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys i have a 07 crewmax thats 2x4 i think its time for new rear shocks it squats alittle bit with my bass boat behind it. What shocks would you put back on it? Im looking at a pair of yellow billestin from toyota... Any thoughts

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Not saying you don't need shocks, however, shocks do not really support a load, the leaf springs do. Shocks are there to do just that, absorb shock when your leaf springs flex. Sounds like you need either some shackles, air bags, add a leaf or heavy duty leaf springs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True i was pulling my boat with a F350 so im used to that maybe the tundra is just fine it seemd to pull and ride fine i just know the shocks being original with 83k on them im sure they have had there better days..

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Yeah, probably a good idea to replace them but don't expect the sag to get fixed, shocks are not load bearing.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
As stated above, the leaf springs do all the load carrying, the only shocks which will carry load is air shocks.

That said consider a bolt in type overload spring.

A good way to tell if your current shocks need replacing is to pull em off the truck. Compress them all the way, if its extremely difficult to compress em then they're good. If they're easy, well they're bad. Also, if they extend back out really quick, once again bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts