Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello everyone,

So I have had this truck for about 2 weeks now and I HATE these tires (33X12.50R20LT) they are just too wide. They are loud, they rub when I turn tight, and they throw everything on the side of the truck.I have gone to a couple of tire shops and they have all pretty much said the same thing. There are very few options in an A/T and they are pretty much all over $400 a tire. So it would appear that my old option to to sell these wheels and tires and purchasing something new. I was thinking of getting some TRD wheels but still not sure and wanted to see what you all recommend.

That's some crazy offset. Looks like they stick out about 2.5 inches. My guess would be 0 or -10 offset. Try +35 - +40 and you'll be much happier.

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
Looks like you want a different off set. I have 0 offset and they come just even with bushwhacker flares. I wanted a wider stance and yes there would have been rubbing if trimming wasn't involved. Very minor. I have a 3/2 level on it with 295/70 r18 trail grapplers.
My single cab with same rim's with stock 18" tires and just a 2" level in front. I have no rubbing
Looks a little funny with stock tires.
I just put the stock steel rims with snow tires for the winter. The snow tires are taller than the stock and fill the well better, but the off set makes the truck look funny. Looks like it should be working on the railroad.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was browsing Craigslist earlier today and there were a ton (literally almost a dozen) of listings for Tundra TRD wheel sets with the stock Michelin tires for about $400 - $600 for the set of almost new tires/wheels. If you want stock tires and wheel offset it is sure cheap to go back. You would probably get more for the current set up by selling on CL and you'll end up with a few tanks of gas in your pocket!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I was browsing Craigslist earlier today and there were a ton (literally almost a dozen) of listings for Tundra TRD wheel sets with the stock Michelin tires for about $400 - $600 for the set of almost new tires/wheels. If you want stock tires and wheel offset it is sure cheap to go back. You would probably get more for the current set up by selling on CL and you'll end up with a few tanks of gas in your pocket!

I don't like the stock wheels Unless they are TRD and stock tires are too small for the lift I have on my truck. So even if I did get the stock wheels I would still need to spend $1300 on new tires so it would come out to be the same as be going the route I posted above.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok after going to a few different shops this is what has been suggest to me.

get 18X9 wheels with Backspace: 5.5 and Offset: 12.

something like this:
Pro Comp Alloy Wheels - Series 41, 18x9 with 5 on 150 Bolt Pattern - Satin Black with Stainless Steel Bolts | 4WheelParts.com

and wrap them in 305X65R18 BFG K02.

all this is taking into account my lift and breaks.

what do you guys think?
Stock wheels have a backspacing of about 6.85 in with +60 offset. The wheels you're looking at will stick out over 1.5" from stock, which will put them outside the fender. I would recommend you look for a 20x9 or 18x9 with an offset between +45 and +35. Also, I recommend going with a 285 or 275 tire if you're driving mainly on pavement.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Trade me setups! I have 20x9 +30 offset with 35x12.5x20 nitto trail grapplers. Basically new.
If only you had posted this 2 days ago.... I already ordered my new wheels and tires and have someone lined up to buy my current wheels.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
If only you had posted this 2 days ago.... I already ordered my new wheels and tires and have someone lined up to buy my current wheels.
Did you end up buying the wheels with +12mm offset?? Hopefully those will be more of the stance you are after, although they will still stick out over an inch from the fenders, but not as far as your current wheels.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yeah I did they told me that's what I had to get due to the lift kit.

Did you end up buying the wheels with +12mm offset?? Hopefully those will be more of the stance you are after, although they will still stick out over an inch from the fenders, but not as far as your current wheels.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thank you everyone for your advice and help!

New wheels and tires! 18X9 Wrapped in BFG K02 305X65R18

21 - 33 of 33 Posts