Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a new tonneau cover. I have done a lot of research, way more than I did for my Tundra TRD Pro and am generally familiar with most of the pro's and cons of each model. Yet, I still find myself hesitant about pulling the trigger as several things annoy the hell out of me. Unlike most, I accept that most will leak slightly, something I understand and accept as I'm not shipping dry goods, I want it more for security purposes (for securing tailgating supplies while attending events, no grandiose expensive equipment) but obviously I expect it to keep most of the moisture out. My chief gripe is in an un-garaged truck, after 3-5 years (regardless of if the upkeep has been done) every one I have seen seems to weathered so poorly that they are falling apart and leaking like a sieve, particularly at the seams (UV damage, from I can tell). MAP pricing, which amounts to a legal form of price fixing drives me crazy as well but ultimately I feel like for somewhere between $750 -$1200 these hard top tri-folds should last the life of the vehicle (10 years ish). Am I being unreasonable to expect this? Does anybody have any recommendations based on durability? I should say I'm leaning toward the Trifecta Encore, although my friends push me toward the bak line of products. Any help is appreciated. I live in northern Virginia so while we don't see the extremes in weather other parts of the country get, we see a bit of every type of weather.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Yes 10 yrs is being unreasonable. Especially if you dont garage it. I would recommend looking at the Undercover flex. Its solid fiberglass for much less than the Bak FG model. I think I had mine delivered for around $700. It was simple to install.
Having endorsed it I still dont expect it to last more than 3-5 yrs.
Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts