Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I got the itch… I plan on lifting the front 3.5” and I want to keep the factory rake ratio the same +2” for the rear. Here is what I was thinking, any advice/ suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

Front:
CST Spindles for the 3.5” of lift.

Rear:
CST performance rear shocks
Icon 1.5” expansion pack
Coach builder 2” shackles

Tires:
Toyo open country MT 33/12.5/20

Wheels:
My current 20” VTEK off roads (not sure if they meet the backspace requirement for the CST spindles????)

Items I’m not sure ill need:
Brake relocating gear from Coach
Carrier bearing drop kit from street taco
Hypertech speedometer

What does everyone think?
Thanks!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I go with the 3" shackle do I still need the expansion pack?

·
Premium Member
3,713 Posts
Take a quick look at this thread. http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-suspension-talk/115118-ome-614-just-installed.html

He's running the same amount of lift as the CST spindles but used OME coils = 3.5"
But he did use the +3" shackles as Sngo mentioned and the Icon mini pack. The rake is very close to the factory stance. The Brake/ABS drop brackets aren't needed until you get into 3" or
more in the rear so if you end up going with the +3" shackles you'll need them. Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha I've been staring at those pictures all night! Ill definitely go with the 3" shackles then, and no need for the icon expansion pack?

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
If you go with the OME suspension package which include Front shocks and springs, rear shocks, and leaf pack. I highly recommend Performance lifts and make sure you mention Steve or Sam (the crazy dude with 2 spacers) and he knows who you are talking about. They have good price and good discount IMO.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't even looked into the OME set up. I really liked CST because it doesn't change the stock geometry. I'm scared ill have the steering rack issue.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I haven't even looked into the OME set up. I really liked CST because it doesn't change the stock geometry. I'm scared ill have the steering rack issue.
If that was your concern, go with your original plan and change to 3" rear shackles instead of 2" and yes you still need the expansion pack.

·
Premium Member
3,713 Posts
The CST spindles are a excellent way to go, especially if you ever see yourself wanting to go higher in the future. And I will say thats usually how it goes. Both are top notch products. What are your expectations with your lift and what do you primarily use your truck for?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Expectations: not to blow my steering rack.
I don't tow or take it off road. 2011 with 15k all on pavement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts