Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a demo truck with 7900 miles on it. Stickers $38, i cant get them under $31 for it. Should i keep looking?

Thanks in advance.
-Dana

p.s. Anyone know if they fixed the tailgate splitting issue in '08?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry, forgot to add, its a 4x2, leather, fogs, heated seats, sliding rear window, has a plastic liner in the bed, no nav

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like you could get a new '07 for that price. You live in NC check out

TUNDRA Toyota of Lake Norman Huntersville NC
Yeah thats more like what im looking for. I just wanted to make sure the deal i was offered wasnt anything amazing. I will check out that one in huntersville. Dunno how far that is from me though. kinda new here.

I have an 08 and the tailgate is identical to the 07. Haven't had any issues yet but I can see how flimsy it is.
Yeah, one of my main uses is for transporting large objects like motorcycles... after seeing the '07's tailgates split apart under the weight of a few people sitting on it i was hoping the '08's had a better quality one.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I ride too. On one of the bike forums I visit the issue of the tailgate came up with regards to bikes. The poster - who also has an '07 Tundra - responded that he had loaded his Hayabusa several times without incident. At 550 lbs the 'Busa is a pretty heavy machine. On the same thread another indicated that he had loaded ATVs without issue as well. Not sure if they're lucky or the issue has more to do with a run defect.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well its nice to hear it's not everyone. my 1kRR is a fraction of the weight of a busa. i saw the thread over on the other tundra forum and was worried about the number of people that didnt even realize theirs was separated.

are you doing anything differently to load heavy stuff?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Chuck14...., where did you get that price from??

·
Registered
279 Posts
I beleive you can do better or if they still have the truck make them give you a better offer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts