Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my truck all about 5 days brand new off the lot. I drop it off yesterday to get tinted I pull in the lot go to park and out of nowhere this 300lb chick in a $2 white POS wreck steals my spot. I turn the cheek and backup because there is another spot behind me. I come out and sure enough. This chick must have been clumsy or mad and left her paint all over my bumper. Not the chrome one thats going to get painted over anyway but the black piece above it. I should have known better. Never park your pride and joy next to any car that looks unkept. People who drive these treat anything or anyone they come in contact with the same way because they have no respect for others and no self respect. So enough of my ranting. Sorry. I just noticed this 5 mins ago.

So I was looking last night at this truck. I was thinking the front bumper and grill looked really nice and now that I have to fix my bumper I was thinking of going this route. Do you guys think this is Rhino Liner or a textured paint?

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/139/af422f375e334eda81ac9ba4c773899f/l.jpg

· Registered
8,147 Posts
That sucks, man. Any picture of the damage? If it were me, I would take that as my chance to get an after-market bumper. :D

· Registered
573 Posts
Same thing happened to me 2 weeks after owning the truck (on the chrome part of the bumper. Except I was using defensive driving techniques like BDT describes. I plasti dipped the crap out of it now and you can't even tell.

I say Bedliner it!!

Edit: after seeing ur pic, I'm pretty sure people have said you can order that entire part for cheap. At least cheaper than Lin-x would be.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@chphilo - We are very much alike. I would totally do that. I'm saving my bucks for a BDS lift and wheels so for now I will Rhino Line and later I will do the winch bumper.

@Bad Dad's Tundra - I usually do that because I have had a few new cars and they have all been hit hard while parked. I thought I was safe where I was because my truck was supposed to go right into the garage to get tinted. Guess not.

Do you guys think that is Rhino Liner? Or Matte paint? in that pic?

Here is the damage:

· Registered
110 Posts
I think it makes it worse that it was a fatty that did it. Bummer. I like the idea of the rhino liner coverup, and the aftermarket bumper.

· Registered
110 Posts
I will say, my brother, Red_rum, did the Plasti dip on his, and it looks amazing. 3M painter's tape trash bags, and 6.75 a can for PD. Pretty cheap, and it looks great.

· Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Just clean the chrome really well that's it.

· Registered
110 Posts
Clean whatever surface well, tape off, and go. Any overspray can just be rolled off with your finger. Hope that helps, the Dip it section goes into detail. Good luck!

· Registered
708 Posts
I'm planning to use the liner extreme kit from eBay to spray my bed this summer. I keep thinking about pulling my bumpers and doing them too. I figure I can get enough material for the whole job for $150. I may get a wild hair and spray the brush guard I recently picked up and if I have fender flares by then spray them too. Might need another kit if I'm gonna spray that much though. Lol

I'm pretty sure that's what alwayslooking was spraying his bumpers with. Much cheaper than $800 if you're willing to DIY.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
14,308 Posts
You can buff that out, really...

I would try that first, the black plastic is really resilient and I think is black throughout because I have scratched mine when doing the headlights as well as when this hot milf stopped in the middle of an intersection under the green light and I sorta tapped her ass...

It buffed out by hand, only I can tell...

from this

to this
only using scratch x and a light polish by hand at the gf's house... I didn't have my products which woulda and did do a better job after I was home... Just wasn't a point to take a pic after that...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.