Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Need Opinions!!!

955 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  TxHouse 
#1 ·
I will be buying a 2010 Tundra Crewmax in slate grey in either July or August with the 5.7.

Where my dilema is I don't like the look of the basic wheel and tire package that comes with the SR5 package and I like the look of the wheels and tires that come with the offroad package. My question is, should I spend the extra and get the offroad package or save a little money and spend that on some 18 or 20 inch wheels and tires. The package I was thinking about was either 18 or 20 inch chrome MOTO METAL 951 wheels with either (285/275)/55/20 or a stockish size (285/275)/65/18 all terrain tire.

What is everyones opinion of this??? Any and all opinions are greatly appreciated.

Also I don't plan on lifting this as it will only be a 2wd and I don't want to kill the gas mileage.

I was also curious if going to a 20 inch wheel and AT tire would kill my gas mileage even if it was a stock height and width tire?

Last thing, if you have other ideas about a wheel and tire kit, post pics of it.

See less See more
#2 ·
Probably

:dunno:

#3 ·
I'm not exactly sure how much the offroad package costs, but I like doing things myself, as far as wheels/tires are concerned. My logic is that although you may pay for the offroad pkg now...you will eventually start seeing other Tundras and wish you had bought an aftermarket wheels/tire combo. At least that's MY school of thought.

I bought my SR5 about as plain jane as possible (appearance-wise). The only thing I paid extra for at the dealer was the leather. It already had the Bluetooth Pkg, and that alone was cool enough for me. I did the wheels/tires, tint, 3/1 lift, and NFabs all on my own. All those extras ran me $2500 on top of the purchase price. So you have to do the math to see what works better, as well as consider what you will be happy looking at every day.

As far as the lift/MPG issue goes, I didn't notice very much of a difference after installing my 3/1 leveling kit and wheels/tires.

Attachments

#4 ·
Get the cheapest steel wheel and tires you can get. You can buy take-off TRD wheels and tires for pretty cheap. Or you can buy exactly what you want for aftermarket wheels and tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.