Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Need input My CAI

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Chas 
#1 ·
Ok, might be on the wrong track, but hear me out. Our OE air box is a cold air intake, just very restrictive. So here's my thinkin thoughts. The carbon filter fell off and I removed the grid in the upper portion. This made a much smoother route for air, and yes I noticed a difference. What about changing out this 10 way tri-directional air tube with a smooth or vortex'd tube and ending with a throttle body spacer? My thoughts might be off, but if what little I have done made a noticeable difference, these two should really do well. So.... What do y'all think? Thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
I replaced the filter box with a 4" pipe and AEM DryFlow cone filter in the fender. Noticed a slight gain over the stock box.
I was going to replace the resonator box and go 4" to the throttle body, but I found out the MAF was actually 3.75" OD and would need different parts then what I had ordered. I'm not sure if it would make much difference though.
If I go with the TRD supercharger I might make a 4.5" intake attached to the 3.75" MAF and have smooth pipe or coupling from the MAF to TB.

BTW what fog lights do you have? One of mine went out and yours look pretty bright/white.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.