Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to buy the first set of aftermarket wheels im not sure what im doing the rims i picked out are 18x9 with 5.71 backspace. the tires i picked are 275x70x18. i have a 3/1 leveling to put on the truck. will these rims and wheels work without having to make changes to the body mounts. i have no idea what I'm doing any help would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
1,628 Posts
What's the offset? Should be a + number or 0.

I had ordered a set of 275/70/18 BFG AT KO's for my truck but then noticed the company recommended a rim width smaller than 9... make sure that the tire you buy will work on that rim.

I ended up with 285/65/18 nitto terra grapplers and LOVE them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
8,147 Posts
According to an offset calculator, 18mm offset gives you 5.7 backspace. The wheels will be just about even with the fender (you may want to consider fender flares down the road) . For least amount of rubbing problems with larger tires, stick with roughly 35 mm offset.

With 3/1, you may want to consider 295/70/18. 275/70/18 will fit with the stock suspension.

Personally I wouldn't mount 255's on 9 inch wide wheels but 275's should be fine. I have 275/65/18 BFG RT (the ones that came with the off-road package) on 18x9 wheels without any issue. Of course, 295's (even 305/65/18) will definitely look better with your set-up.

Reactions: flash099

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After looking the rims up this morning they are the 18mm offset. I seen in one post there was some information on the 35mm offset but I have had problems finding rims with a 35mm offset in the 18x9. the rims im looking at are the Moto Metal M0961 any suggestions.

· Registered
8,147 Posts
I have MM 961 and love these wheels. You could get black or chrome. They are hubcentric and of high quality. But with 18 mm offset, you will need to get fender flares if you want to protect your paint. The wheel is even with the fender (I got these wheels because I wanted to get BW fender flares).

Check out Ultra Goliath (35 mm offset). I like them black with silver accents. They are reasonably priced as well.

Attachments

· Registered
8,147 Posts
Sweeet. Mine is the chrome version of the same wheel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.