Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the following cable:

Toyota Mini VCI Tis Techstream J2534 OBD2 Diagnostic Scanner Software | eBay

I am trying to program a keyfob that I also bought from eBay but am failing miserably. I have access to all other functions including programming a new key but for the life of me cannot find the option to add a remote. I have searched this site and others/read all the threads etc and am at a loss. I do see that some members here have had luck programming the fob with Techstream.

Does anyone know if there is a particular version that opens the remote programming feature? I have tried the newest version and also one of the older 6.X.X versions.

Any help would be appreciated!

2013 Toyota Tundra Work Grade
5.7L DC

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
I read on another thread on tundra solutions that the $30 techstream will not program a remote for some reason, dk why but it won't for some reason

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
I tend to agree. I could open the TS program to the section on programming the key/fob, but it just would not take. Tried numerous times.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the replies! It sucks because I am reading where people have had success using the cable and it makes me wonder why I am not. I wonder if they got a version that somehow unlocked the Security Professional level needed. I am not giving up yet!

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
I like your thought process.

I still think the program was worth the $35. Just being able to turn off the seatbelt chimes and getting rid of the factory alarm was worth it alone.

Keep sharing your findings. I'm sure there is lots that I haven't found on my own as well. I wish there was a way to have it hooked up all the time, even when I wasn't with the truck. Your kind of forced to learn in short sessions that ain't always that conveniant.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hate giving up on things like this where others have had success. I just tried version 7.0.x and still am not getting the key program option. I have tried changing the years and even tried using the Sequoia as the vehicle and it still is not working.

GAH...this drives me crazy!

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Are you not getting into the section on programming the fob/key? I could get to the section on how to do it, but it never did anything.

I just figured it was gonna have some limitations with costing only $35.

Have you tried to switch over to European vehicles yet? I gennerally found that that limited you on your options though.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I had an earlier version of the software and was successful on the first try. I used the resources on this forum and the techstream software. I programmed a new transponder key and a key fob. Your ECU keeps track of how many you have done and on my program, I can only do one more key transponder. I am not familiar with your version and frankly cannot remember the steps involved, but as stated all the resources for this came from this board.

Good Luck!!

Splittinghairs

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I've programmed a new key fob with Techstream, I'm using v8 or v9, can't remember

You can have 4 key fobs programmed at a given time, which is two additional ones. There is a screen that tells you this when programming.

There are two steps, you have to program the immobilizer then register the remote.

Register key via Immobiizer
1) Connect to Vehicle with Techstream2) Double click Body Electrical
3) Double click on Immobiliser
4) Within Immobiliser Live menu, select Utility (bottom of left hand side)
5) Select Key Registration and follow the directions.

Register Remote
1) Connect to Vehicle with Techstream2) Double click Main Body
3) Select Utility (bottom of left hand side)
4) Select wireless code registration

A picture of the remote I programmed.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Bump for progress.

·
Registered
22 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts