Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got my synergy lights in today and im having some difficulties installing them. last time i bought some, from what i remember, there was only the 2 prong plug from truck to balast and 2 single prong from bulb. with this, i have an additional 2 prong plug that plugs into the red 2 prong plug from balast with 2 bare prongs that i figured out go into plug from truck itself. is it safe to leave it uncovered like that, or am i missing something?:confused:

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any input would be appreciated, can't find anything on the web

· Premium Member
893 Posts
pic might help as I'm having a hard time picturing what you are saying...

are you saying there is a spare wire with two metal spades?

with everything you have plugged up, are the HID's firing?

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so here are some pics. the prongs i am talking about are in the 3rd pic going into the plug itself, t it doesnt seem safe to be out in the open like that. the 2nd pic is of the other end of the exposed 2 prong plug. my light plug from the tundra doesnt fit into the red plug on the balast, seems to be too deep? what can i do?

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh and the way i have it plugged up now, they are both firing

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
would you please? switched the plugs and still couldnt get a snap, maybe i need some wheaties in the mean time?

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh, well yea them turning on isnt the issue, its the unprotected prongs and i dont know if i managed to get them working and still doing something wrong

· I Kick Hippies
1,274 Posts
Holy ghetto kit. You need to seal those connections up before you have no headlights.

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
right, should the kit have come with something so those wires arent bare?

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
grrr, ok i guess i will have to get with gcop and find a solution

· I Kick Hippies
1,274 Posts
I haven't used those kits but based on the price point and photos I've seen, it seems that the "details" are excluded to allow the low cost.

Shrink tubing, dielectric grease and electrcial tape seem mandatory at least until you get the correct self-insulating/weatherproof connectors and do it right.

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
im just gonna disconnect the whole thing, i dont want to go through all that hassle

· Premium Member
893 Posts
not a big deal, early DDM kits were like that.

What I did was get some dielectric grease and put it all over the metal and then wrapped some electric tape around the spades and harness itself, worked fine years, through rainstorms, creek crossings, etc...when I ordered my new 55w kit it had the h11 plug instead of spades...you'll be fine, just do what I had listed

· Registered
189 Posts
The kit I bought from synergy are like that. Only the fogs though. My lows has the little harness thing.

But yes I did what they said. Dielectric grease, and electric tape. Though only one of my fogs is working, I like it though! Hella bright even with only 3lights on(lows and one fog) lol

· Registered
181 Posts
Just run to your local Autozone or whatever and get some H11 Pigtails and some Butt Connectors and eliminate the bare plugs

Reactions: CorySweatt

· Registered
242 Posts
This is funny and sad. I asked specifically before ordering if these had the ghetto pig tails or a plug since I have an early DDM kit with the pig tails. I wanted to get rid of those. I was told these are definitely plugs and then I see this plus mine just arrived and they have the pig tails. I am not happy...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.