Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, sorry if this has been addressed somewhere else. I am new to TundraTalk, so bear with me. I attached some photos of, exactly, what I am aiming to accomplish. A buddy of mine at Wright Fabrications, is custom building me a valance bumper and I wanted to change out the fog lights and use the wiring for the Morimoto LEDs. I am not savy at all when it comes to electrical. Has anyone on here done something similar? and if so, what adapter do I need to go from the LEDs to the plug in my truck? is it just getting the adapter or to I need a ballast for them? Any help is much appreciated. Have a great weekend everyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
You can cut off the ends on both connectors (aftermarket & OEM fog) and solder them together. This way you can still use the factory switch and not have any unnecessary clutter. Or if you don't like cutting and splicing you can get adapters for the connectors. Factory OEM should be H16 or with a little modification H11 will suffice also. NOTE: There is more than one H16 type connector. Make sure you're buying the right one.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I would cut off the plug from your factory fog lights and solder them to the new leds. Then it's just a simple plug and play from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bcs590

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.