Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so Ive been shopping around for a sub setup. I decided to build my own box behind the larger of the two seats in the back of my crewmax. I can fit 2 10s or a 12 in the box. 1 I want to do a 500w amp in a ported box because I listen to mostly hiphop but also just about everything else. Will that be enough to fill the whole compartment w a good amount of bass? My buddy has a Ford double cab w 2 10s and a 1000w amp and I wasn't impressed. I dont know what quality the setup was. Never asked. I know brand is subjective but does anyone have any experience with what works well with brand, speaker size and number of speakers, amp in the crewmax or double cab?

·
Registered
15 Posts
IMHO, Alpine makes the cleanest and tightest equipment you can get; very low thd. I had an Alpine system in my double cab tacoma that was overkill. It had a 500w Alpine d-class amp driving a 12" sub in a ported homemade box. It had way more power than I could handle.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I like Polk MM's

·
Registered
284 Posts
JL just rolled out a new W3 10" JL shallow mount Sub, has more flex / range then there 13". I'm breaking one in now and it sounds great so far, hits low and kills the 13". I know a guy that put two in his truck.. mine shakes everything.. I'm pushing it with a 400 watt RMS alpine Mon amp. i'm also using a 4 channel Alpine for the other speakers..

Attachments

Reactions: islandracer8o8

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Deck - Clarion NX-501 NAV/DVD, with Backup Camera, steering control box, Sirius control.

Amp - Hifonics Brutus (replaced my 25 to life Fosgate) - 1200W RMS (600RMS to each sub)

Subs - 2 - RE Audio SRX 10's

Box - Custom Vented and tuned at 39Hz

Capacitor - Stinger

·
Registered
406 Posts
Running two 12" Alpine slim subs in my crewmax and lost not rear seat travel. Pics under my profile if you're interested.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
I just picked up a 12'' Kicker CompRT for around $165. They are brand new series I believe and super shallow mount depth, under 3'', and still has RMS of around 800watts. I also got a box off crutchfield that worked out great and cheaper than building one. Test fitting looks like maybe 1 click lost and possibly none if I decide to cut out that plastic piece on the rear wall.

I also got a Precision Power P1000.1 amp from an authorized distro on caraudio.com. Think it was right around $200 and does like 900wRMS @1ohm and maybe like 750wRMS @ 2ohms.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
JL just rolled out a new W3 10" JL shallow mount Sub, has more flex / range then there 13". I'm breaking one in now and it sounds great so far, hits low and kills the 13". I know a guy that put two in his truck.. mine shakes everything.. I'm pushing it with a 400 watt RMS alpine Mon amp. i'm also using a 4 channel Alpine for the other speakers..
I guess you stuck that beneath the rear seat... You must not have read this guy has a crewmax...

and that box has been out if it is the one I think it is... I am not sure, you have no model numbers or anything... hmm.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I guess you stuck that beneath the rear seat... You must not have read this guy has a crewmax...

and that box has been out if it is the one I think it is... I am not sure, you have no model numbers or anything... hmm.
Dont know model number. Its in shop. Lady ran red light in me and I smashed her.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts