Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my new to me 2011 Tundra Double Cab yesterday and when i tried to take a look under the hood it would no open. The lever inside the cab of the truck works however it looks like the cable for the lever behind the grill is broken. So my question is how do I get the hood open to fix the problem.

Before someone suggests that i take it back to the dealer for repairs I am in bit of a special situation. I live in the Canadian Arctic and my Tundra was delivered to me by cargo ship which took over 2 weeks to get here from Montreal. So dealer repair is not an option.

Anny help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
If you look through the top portion you can see the hook that the lever would release. Reach in there with a tool and pull it toward you. I was able to use a socket wrench the other weekend after reinstalling my grill and forgetting to connect the cable release

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a pain in the ass being so far from a dealer. We do have 2 garages in town but they charge close to $200.00 per hour just for labour so I try not use them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you look through the top portion you can see the hook that the lever would release. Reach in there with a tool and pull it toward you. I was able to use a socket wrench the other weekend after reinstalling my grill and forgetting to connect the cable release
Thanks RedSurfSnow... just got it open

·
Banned
3,314 Posts
This aught to help.
That's helpful for other reasons for me. I'm still looking for a haynes type repair manual. I thought there was one out there, but I can't find it now. I am collecting pdf's on my FTP site as I find them.

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts