Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am helping my brother-in-law get a salvage 2016 XSP, which is essentially just the Sr-5 Crewmax with some added features, back up and running. It's currently "driveable," but some of the previous repair work was shoddy and hasty. At any rate, right now, most of the remaining work is electronic. In dismantling the grille to address some problems that remain, I found that some of the connectors on the wiring harness are either disconnected, broken, or missing completely. I'm having trouble locating what I'm looking at from all the schematics I've found. Check out the pictures. The part on the front left side (driver) under the headlamp spot seems to almost look like some kind of parking senor(?), but it doesn't match other pictures exactly. Also, as you can see, there are some connectors just taped down alongside the harness. I don't know if this is a mismatched harness for this model, if it was always like that, or if that was done post-accident. Then there is the issue with the tiny wires that have been clipped. I'm hoping that someone with experience can show me what is supposed to go where. Sorry for the jumbled pics.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior

Grille Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle

Hand Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design

Automotive tire Hood Bicycle part Motor vehicle Bumper

Automotive tire Bicycle part Bumper Automotive exterior Rim

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FYI, in case anyone is interested, I found out that some of the connectors that are taped down are factory. The snipped wire, as far as I know, is from the ambient temperature sensor and I need to splice in a connector. The strange crushed sensor is called the wireless door lock buzzer. Maybe this could help someone in the future with their own project.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts