Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals, i am new here but not new to Tundras.
I iam nstalling new control arms and shocks on my 2012 and have an urgent concern.
I ordered bilstein 5100's with the intent of leveling later but keep stock ride height for the time being.
I was inspecting the front shocks this morning and noticed only 3 grooves for the circlip. Everything i researched noted
4 grooves with the lowest being for "stock height". Bilstein web page says the shock is from 0" - 2.5", so how do i set this shock for 0" lift?

It's Sunday morning and the car is on jack stands and i can't find an answer anywhere. Thanks for the help

Disclaimer: I searched the forum for 45 minutes and could not find a solution, so no bashing please.

·
Registered
116 Posts
"Front 5100 Height adjustable front shocks adjustable with 3 different lift settings- .87″, 1.57″, and 2.28″

Rear 5100 shocks work with 0 to 1″ lift "

This is from the website. They only have 3 settings.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"Front 5100 Height adjustable front shocks adjustable with 3 different lift settings- .87″, 1.57″, and 2.28″

Rear 5100 shocks work with 0 to 1″ lift "

This is from the website. They only have 3 settings.

Okay, this is weird. I am actually putting these on my wife's 2012 Sequoia that was the same part number when i was researching it. However, the shock for the sequoia on the bilstein website says 0-2.5, but the shock i got has 3 rings. Sorry for misleading eveyone about it being a Sequoia and not a Tundra.

Bilstein, Innovation and High Quality Since 1873

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ok. I don't know what to tell you above the shocks. It does seem a little misleading. That being said I would put it on the lowest setting and go for it. If she says it's higher just tell her she is crazy. Women like it when you say that to them. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are trying to get me killed aren't you? Anyway, thanks for the help. I decided to wait until i talk with Bilstein tomorrow and get the real scoop...hopefully.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Sneak the 5100s up a notch every month.
Maybe she won't notice.

When I installed my 6112s and raised the front 2.5" on my Tundra my wife never said anything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm thinking of doing the same on my wife's sequoia once i get rid of all the airbag and electronic suspension junk on her Platinum. Let me know how much it lifts it over stock. My wife does not want it lifted either, but I was planning on running 5100's all around.
Bilstein erroneously has the lift eight of the 5100 at 0"-2.5" on their product page. i finally got to someone who knew what they were talking about and the 5100's for the Sequoia do not have a 0" setting. So, exchanging for the 4600's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.