Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I NEVER had a truck. This is my first one and I bought it used with 9,200 miles on it. It has the TRD offroad package. I want to make it look more aggressive and sound better. I looked around and everyone seems to be very cool and helpful. I look forward to any and all suggestions.

Thank you

Dstep

Attachments

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Front window tint was one of the first mods I ddi. It's inexpensive and really improves the look of the truck.

My preference of exhaust is either TRD of BAMuffler. I've had the TRD (intake and exhaust) and love the music they make.

·
Registered
263 Posts
for a commuter truck , larger heavier tires are going to rob you of fuel economy.
A lift will be needed for larger tires , for the most part just for clearance of the larger tires from hitting your suspension parts.
performance mods are endless , some have zero net gain in HP but drain your wallet .
start simple and see if you NEED something VS WANT something.
If its a highway cruiser , does it make sense to lift and add mud tires? Or just a good set of All terrain tires and keep stock height?
I would say start with a bed liner if you dont have one already, that way the bed is protected if you chose to haul materials .
Most aftermarket cold air intakes are snake oil. Your stock air box is more than adequate.
Programmers , exhausts , and intakes all work TOGETHER to net HP gains. No one thing will get you 25 hp by itself.
BE REALISTIC in your goal. Dont build a truck that looks cool and costs you $5K just to be a poser.
OR go nuts , lift it and climb mountains with that bitch!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
for a commuter truck , larger heavier tires are going to rob you of fuel economy.
A lift will be needed for larger tires , for the most part just for clearance of the larger tires from hitting your suspension parts.
performance mods are endless , some have zero net gain in HP but drain your wallet .
start simple and see if you NEED something VS WANT something.
If its a highway cruiser , does it make sense to lift and add mud tires? Or just a good set of All terrain tires and keep stock height?
I would say start with a bed liner if you dont have one already, that way the bed is protected if you chose to haul materials .
Most aftermarket cold air intakes are snake oil. Your stock air box is more than adequate.
Programmers , exhausts , and intakes all work TOGETHER to net HP gains. No one thing will get you 25 hp by itself.
BE REALISTIC in your goal. Dont build a truck that looks cool and costs you $5K just to be a poser.
OR go nuts , lift it and climb mountains with that bitch!
That is great advice. I appreciate it a ton. Thank you

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for all the great advice too (I am pretty similar with dstep in my situation...similar mileage even on a 2015)

Got a bedliner with rails (I mountain bike and a few other such activities)...tonneau cover is going on next week

I was just gonna tint, get some wheels with the stock height(I like the pro wheels) and some G2/Grapplers .

Finally it was gonna be TRD intake and exhaust and call it a day since I like the note.

Why get a truck you ask???
I haul stuff weekly (house and yard materials) as my wife love projects and a new house gets her that and my Subaru wasn't cutting it anymore.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would like to take it off road. I know when I have gone off road it cost MONEY. Plus, getting some nice rims and taking them in the woods doesn't end well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Your truck looks great right now. Enjoy it for a while.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I lifted and heavily modded every truck i've ever owned. I keep trying to talk my self out of it on my 17', but it's getting harder
I told my wife that and myself with my 14, platinum. I just picked up about a month or so ago. Every time I change something on it she reminds me "thought you were leaving it stock" lol as I ordered some black steps last night for it. Lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.