Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm been tossing around the idea of selling my Tundra and would like to know from the community what you think it's worth. My goal is to acquire a 2016-17 crewmax. I've been extremely happy and confident with my truck over the past 6yrs of ownership.

Here are my specs and info:

2007 Tundra Crewmax 5.7L SR5(Magnetic Gray)
2nd Owner (I've put 40,000mi on it...for a total of 147,000)
18" Stock Alloy Wheels with new (3,000mi) Bridgestone Dueler's AT2
Excellent shape in/out with a couple small door dings and light scratches
Cloth seats

Stuff I added:
Tinted windows
Weathertech mats
Remote Start
Backup Camera
Pioneer Touchscreen Stereo (dbl-din)
Century Shell, locking, LED lighted, Flip down window to access cab (1yr old, Magnetic Gray)
Rear TRD Swaybar
Replaced Shocks/Struts all around
Few LED interior lights
Newer battery
Added Stubby Antenna
Oil changes every 5,000mi

What I've had to fix:
Passenger CV Boot
Added Antifreeze
...that's about it!!! Seriously.

Thanks for any and all input...really appreciate your opinions and knowledge.
Have a great day.

·
Registered
177 Posts
It's funny because while I'm not even considering selling my truck I've wondered what it's worth given my upgrades, I guess a lot of depends on if someone likes the upgrades you've done. Looking at your list about the only thing that may add value is the shell and the stubby antenna (jk on the antenna), and that's if someone wants a shell. The great thing about Toyota is the value you get when selling, even if it has what's considered high mileage on other cars. Sounds like if you go through KBB you should get on the high end given how clean it sounds. Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 2underpar....KBB states about $15,000 without the camper shell. Is that reasonable?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thanks 2underpar....KBB states about $15,000 without the camper shell. Is that reasonable?
I'm no salesman but we do have similar rides, I have an '08 DC w/154k so I've looked a little bit recently and it seems like your finding the same information I did. It's always hard to price something correctly you're attached to.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Seems a little high, in my opinion, but I'd start there and work through it a serious buyer was interested.

Basing my opinion on buying my '10 DC 4x4 with 50k miles for $25k in '12, and the insurance paying me $18,500 for it in '17 with 125kmiles
Edited to add; nothing surprises me these days about these trucks, though. I bet you could start higher and beat that price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts