Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Texas Edition CrewMax 4x2. I want to level the truck by lowering the rear. The Tundra Racing kit is nice but lowers the rear 3.25" which will leave my truck with a slight reverse rake since the front will sit 1" higher than the rear (only for CrewMax as per link on Tundra Racing site).

I am confused on which kit to use since I don't know how much the TRD leafs lower the truck in the rear. I would ideally like a 2" drop or so for the rear.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Well... I have looked into both of these kits... I would do the Axle flip kit by Toyota Racing. It will allow you to still haul a good amout of load without bottoming out as fast. I have the complete TRD package on my 2011 Tundra Double cab and the only issue that i have is that mine bottoms out in the rear too quick. I would have gone with the toyota racing kit if i knew this before hand... about the difference in height from rear to front lower the front 2 " with the complete TR kit and you will be in good shape...

Reactions: Wacked

·
Registered
315 Posts
Well if you still have not purchased anything i can make you an offer... $350 +shipping for both TRD rear leafs and bumpstops... I did fix the issue with the truck bottoming out. Seems that the shocks were wrong before. I installed the Red TRD performance shocks and they did the trick. Now the rid is smooth i just want to go lower in the rear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts