Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is the wrong group but I’m looking at a 2013 5.7 2x4 with 80,000mi and I’d like to nail down the common issues I should be checking for.
The CARFAX is clean and standard maintenance is recorded but no major work.
I’ve seen the water pump and cam tower issues pop up, but I only know so much about them. Any details about them and other issues would be very appreciated.
Also, this is my first truck purchase and I’m going on Monday to pick up/purchase.

thank you all

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sounds like you have service records so that's half your battle. Look for any oil seepage around the cam towers. You can look through the wheel wells around where the exhaust manifolds are located to see if it is clean. Consider a proper transmission service if it hasn't been done already, differential fluid and cooling system also.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you have service records so that's half your battle. Look for any oil seepage around the cam towers. You can look through the wheel wells around where the exhaust manifolds are located to see if it is clean. Consider a proper transmission service if it hasn't been done already, differential fluid and cooling system also.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
The records on mention oil changes, filter changes, adjustments and the like. No details on maintenance intervals. I’m gonna have a third party inspect it as well thank you for the advice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts