Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so im on a budget build and came across this lift kit for my truck on ebay and the good part is I have a 10%off coupon on ebay that expires tomorrow and id really like to use it. Anyone have any feedback on this lift kit?? Im not a big fan of the 4" blocks in the rear, would rather get some shackles or leafs but I could always upgrade that later.... let me know what yah think??

Kit Includes:

Front
3.5" Lift Spindles
Extended Stainless Steel Brake Lines
2.5" Bilstein 5100 Adjustable Shocks/Struts

Rear

4" Rear Lift Blocks w/ Ubolt Hardware
Rear brake line extension brackets
Rear Carrier Bearing Spacers
Rear Rear Twin Tube Gas shocks
100% Bolt On Installation

Toyota Tundra 2WD 6" Full Lift Kit w Bilstein Shocks 2007 Up | eBay

· Registered
2,506 Posts
Everything looks good except the 4" block. Buy the package deal, save some more money and get the OME full leaf and you'll be set. Or you can get a set of 3" shackles from Mr. Coachbuilder1.

· Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!! Yeah that's what I was thinking... im not planning on racing the Dakar Rally or anything with it, just want it to look and drive good and handle when doing some light off-roading. Looks like ill swoop it up.

· Registered
2,506 Posts
4" rear blocks will not give you a smooth ride beside you ever heard of the term "axle wrap"? From what i read, axle wrap happens often to truck with lift blocks. Don't get me wrong i have 2" lift blocks in the rear of my truck but that is about to come off soon.

· Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im going to get the 3" shackles from Coach and go that route... not a fan of blocks either.... I think with the adjustable shocks up front I can still make it a level ride and look good with the shackles in the rear without blocks.

· Registered
2,506 Posts
Im going to get the 3" shackles from Coach and go that route... not a fan of blocks either.... I think with the adjustable shocks up front I can still make it a level ride and look good with the shackles in the rear without blocks.
Are you going to install the lift yourself or the shop? If you let the shop do it, make sure they warranty their work and keep that paper. Myself and a few other TT have such a bad experience with Bilstein 5100

· Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah going to have the front put on at a shop.... I will do the rear shackles... What kind of problems are you talking about... so I can keep an eye out for it??

· Registered
2,506 Posts
Yeah going to have the front put on at a shop.... I will do the rear shackles... What kind of problems are you talking about... so I can keep an eye out for it??
The snap ring that you use to adjust the height will slip out and set your coil springs free.

· Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Big Dad... valid points for sure!! Im getting the kit for $950 with my little discount code so I save a few bucks on it... but I don't think im even going to put the blocks on and just get the 3" shackles from coach and do like you said and use my 1" block. I like the front a little higher... cali lean I guess!! lol!! Im thinking this kit/ set-up will get me by for now and if I decide to upgrade I can slowly do so but at least get around for now with a decent ride. Sell what I don't use and get a few bucks back... I really appreciate all your guys help and knowledge!!

Reactions: Bad Dad's Camrys
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.