Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all and first post. I've been lurking for a bit and reading every post I can find regarding tire upgrades. I just picked up a brand new 2013 Tundra DC 4x4 to replace my old Chevy. I'm stunned. What an incredible vehicle! Anyway, I will use it mostly on my small farm. I have some low areas that stay pretty wet that I have to traverse quite often. As such, I have already ordered my Ready-Lift 3/1 (thanks to a bunch of other self-education through these fine forums) and I'm ready for some tires. I have pretty much decided on Toyo OC M/T as the tire I want, but I'm struggling with size. I definitely want to keep my stock 18" steel wheels. They're good, solid wheels and I personally like the simple look of them. I want a beefier tire both to fill out the soon to be larger wheel wells (once I install the leveling kit) but also for those times when those low areas are a little extra sloppy. At the same time, I don't want to go "as big as I can get". I know that's what a lot of people are looking for, but I guess I'm sort of looking for a happy medium. I want enough bigger to look decent and handle well in some mud without overburdening the truck/suspension/etc. with huge, heavy 35's on expensive wheels.

So, I'm simply asking for some opinions here. I really like the looks of the Toyos and think they'll look great on the truck (which is black and will have PlastiDipped wheels and bumper chrome and all the chrome emblems removed...again, thanks to the wealth of info here on these forums).

Thanks a lot and I very much appreciate any thoughts anyone has to share.

V/r
ER

1 - 4 of 4 Posts