Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am in the market for new tires soon and I've been reading up a lot. For my needs/uses I've narrowed the selection down to 2 different tires, but I don't know which to get of these two.

• BFGoodrich KM2 (37x12.5x18) about $1266 set of 4
• General Grabber X3 (37x12.5x18) about $1396 set of 4 ($1326 after rebate)

Not sure which to get, any of you guys have experience with either of these tires? General seems to have a pretty good warranty :dunno: and only like a $130 or so difference..

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Friend of mine had the X3's, and he liked them. Only put about 6k miles on them before trading in the truck, but he was happy. I'm actually surprised the BFG's are cheaper than the X3's. I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
General Tire Recalls

In the past General tire had numerous recalls. I had General AT2 tires and they were horrible in rain, no traction. Had BF Goodrich in the past and returned to them. Got rid of the General tires with half the tread left.

·
Registered
244 Posts
If I had only those 2 tires to choose from, it would be the BFG. However, with that said, if I were to go with a mud-terrain again, I would go with Toyo or Nitto not the BFG you have up there. Now, if I were to go with an all-terrain, it would be the BFG KO2 with the Goodyear Duratrac in a close second.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.