Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well , my wife bought a new Sequoia and it doesn't have the Navigation system in it cuz we couldn't afford the extra 10k for the next package up that has the Navi system in it . So my question is , what can we do to get one installed ? Do I need to stay with the stock Navi system ( I would rather stay with Toyota parts ) or is there another after market unit that fits in the Sequoia nicely ? Where is the best place to purchase Navi systems for the Sequoia ? I was planning on buying the system off the intrenet and bringing it to either the dealer ship or another shop and let them install it cuz the dealership quoted her some un godly price to put one in it already . WHat the hell do I need to do ? She really wants the Navi system , but I don't wanna break the bank to get it .

·
Registered
296 Posts
Well , my wife bought a new Sequoia and it doesn't have the Navigation system in it cuz we couldn't afford the extra 10k for the next package up that has the Navi system in it . So my question is , what can we do to get one installed ? Do I need to stay with the stock Navi system ( I would rather stay with Toyota parts ) or is there another after market unit that fits in the Sequoia nicely ? Where is the best place to purchase Navi systems for the Sequoia ? I was planning on buying the system off the intrenet and bringing it to either the dealer ship or another shop and let them install it cuz the dealership quoted her some un godly price to put one in it already . WHat the hell do I need to do ? She really wants the Navi system , but I don't wanna break the bank to get it .
I assume the dash / interior is the same, so this should get you started.

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-audio-visual-discussion/104481-advent-ototun1.html

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-audio-visual-discussion/118363-aftermarket-navigation-all-factory-controls.html

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
When I'm pulling out of my driveway, I know exactly where I'm going, and how to get there (work, school, daycare, liquor store, Sam's club, bank, etc.). When I'm going out of town, I know how to get there too, but use Google maps, or some other nav app on my cell phone. :D Hell, I don't even use my megellan nav thingy anymore. Hell if I'd pay extra for factory nav, or even to install nav later :rolleyes:

If she doesn't have leather, drop the $1200 or so and put leather in that sucka. Otherwise, tell her "tough luck babe, I just dropped $40k on a vehicle, enjoy it" :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm with BDT on this one. To have so many redundant Gps systems just doesn't make sense to me. I'll use my smartphone. The money saved could go towards so many other things for the truck.

Unless of course you run deliveries etc, then it would be nice to have. Take that 1000 bucks and tint the windows and dynamat the doors. Bet you money she will enjoy a quieter, cooler truck.

·
Trans-Immigrant
15,631 Posts
$1000?
are you gonna have bill gates personally install the fker?
sounds like you guys dont know how to shop...
ever heard of this new site that just popped up... its called EBay...

Toyota Tundra Sequoia 2008 2009 2010 2011 DVD Radio GPS Navigation SWC BT iPod | eBay

07 12 Toyota Tundra Sequoia Car GPS Navigation Bluetooth Radio MP3 TV DVD Player | eBay

come on now... this is childs play...
you can go to any stereo shop and have it installed if you dont know.. might as well go after market it'll give you more options...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It doesn't have a JBL system , and she bought the truck , not me , so I cant tell her that I just bought her a truck and to be happy . The navi system isn't a must have , its just something she wants and is probably gonna buy her self . Ive looked at the advent head unit , but they don't have any prices that I can find and my local shoppe said they weren't that dependable ( I don't really know ) .

·
Trans-Immigrant
15,631 Posts
I went with the JBL nav because it just looked cleaner with the stock setup..
i never really use the nav.. it was more of an impulse buy.. like everything else thats on my truck, lol

if you're not in a hurry keep an eye on the buy/sell section on here and on TS, you should be able to score one for under $400.... anything over $500 is just too much...

good luck with it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
It doesn't have a JBL system , and she bought the truck , not me , so I cant tell her that I just bought her a truck and to be happy . The navi system isn't a must have , its just something she wants and is probably gonna buy her self . Ive looked at the advent head unit , but they don't have any prices that I can find and my local shoppe said they weren't that dependable ( I don't really know ) .
HA!!! I bought a new Tundra in April and paid my tag, title, and tax on it. My wife bought a new Sienna in June and she's making me pay the tag, title, and tax on it also. Apparently my money is her money. The sad part about it......she makes a lot more money than I do.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HA!!! I bought a new Tundra in April and paid my tag, title, and tax on it. My wife bought a new Sienna in June and she's making me pay the tag, title, and tax on it also. Apparently my money is her money. The sad part about it......she makes a lot more money than I do.
Ha Ha Ha , that exactly how it works in my house to !

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I talked to my local audio shop yesterday and they told me that no one is making a aftermarket mounting kit or a iring harness for the 2013 Tundra or Sequoia . WHats up with that ? Does anyone have any Idea when these brackets and wiring harness's will be out , or will the 2012 products work on the 2013 ?

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Buy a garmin nuvi gps they're about $200, no need for that overpriced $10k navigation crap that does the exact same thing as a garmin. I've had my garmin for 5 years and it sits in the truck all the time never have a problem with it, need to get a new one because the maps are old but I can buy quite a few garmins for the price of that worthless navigation system that costs $9900 more than it should. Another alternative is a paper road map, they're about $4-6.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Smartphone. With the BT connected the instructions come over the speakers. I don't need the moving map, so I'm set! :D Plus the Google maps chick sounds kinda hot. :p

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I talked to my local audio shop yesterday and they told me that no one is making a aftermarket mounting kit or a iring harness for the 2013 Tundra or Sequoia . WHats up with that ? Does anyone have any Idea when these brackets and wiring harness's will be out , or will the 2012 products work on the 2013 ?
Thats not true, don't let that shop touch your cars, I have installed aftermarket units in dozens of 2013 tundra and sequoia it is the same kit as the offset ones. Any pro who Diesnt kniw that should not be working on cars

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 18 of 18 Posts