Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK guys. This is what I am thinking about getting for my Silver Double 2008 5.7 TRD 2 x 4. I have already tinted the windows and my color match handles should arrive this coming Friday.

I love all of your 6” lifts but they are just not for me so I am thinking about this.

2.5” Bolt In coilovers. “These bolt in coilovers will add 3" of wheel travel and 3" of lift with 3" of droop when used with our upper A-arms.”

KMC Wheels. I like the matte black finish and not the gloss.

My good friend runs Camburg so he will be setting this up for me.

What are your thoughts?

I know I need to show pictures of my truck but I do not have a camera at the moment to take any, sorry.

Attachments

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are good suspension components , I like the enduro's .
I was thinking the same about the Enduro's as well, not to flashy.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Rob,

The owner of the Tint Pros has the camburg kit on his Tundra. i could probably set you up with a drive in his truck if you'd like to see how it rides.

Also, for the wheels, i have the 3rd ones pictured, they are a gloss so im not positive if you'd like them.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I like the SAW coilovers very much. but have you seen the Kore tuned fox remote res coilovers?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks bro, maybe I will check it out. The shop is down the street from my house and they always have their fleet of cars sitting outside.

Your wheels look sick on your truck. My ex had them on hers but they were a pain to clean.

My old Magnum was silver and I had what was called “Hyper Black” color by TSW. It was basically a black wheel with a mist of silver paint. It gave the appearance of charcoal and it was a little darker then my car so it looked great. I haven’t seen any wheels for my truck with this color. Have any of you?

I have attached an example of the hyper black wheels.

I think I would want this color over black. It just looks better on silver to me.

Attachments

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts
You should talk your friend into doing a group buy on Camburg suspension parts.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You should talk your friend into doing a group buy on Camburg suspension parts.

OK, I will probably see him tonight when I'm training. I'll mention it to him.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been trying to work out my finances and I decided to go with the Camburg 2.5” Bolt In coilovers first.

After that I will be doing new wheels and tires.

I was thinking about the KMC endures as my choice. I was also thinking about just getting my stock wheels powder coated matte black instead since that is the color of the wheel that I would end up buying.

I have attached a picture of stock black wheels that where powder coated and they are selling on ebay for about 350 so why not just get mine done?

Does anyone know a good place in or around Huntington Beach that can do this and if so how much do your guys think it will cost?

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts