Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 tundra, tires have very good tread but have noticed in with snow covered roads, from full stop to accelerate the rear tires will spin easily unless I feather it and on curves the back end can get squirly. Doesnt affect stopping. Obviously if in 4 WD no issues at all.

Full disclaimer, I dont have a cap yet and only a couple of 70 lb sand bags in the back otherwise empty. Could that be part of the issue? These Michelin tires came with the truck when I bought it used so dont know if there are better ones I should be looking at.

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Chief of Grammar Police
2,497 Posts
Obviously you haven't changed over to winter air in your tires.
Wacked, not trying to be a smart ass or sound stupid, but was that a joke? :)
Dead serious.

Winter air is a more condensed version of summer air and therefore by nature heavier. So when using the winter air, especially in areas with heavy snow you have the added benefit of added traction.

Reactions: theoat and Azblue

·
Chief of Grammar Police
2,497 Posts
Obviously you haven't changed over to winter air in your tires.
Wacked, not trying to be a smart ass or sound stupid, but was that a joke? :)
Dead serious.

Winter air is a more condensed version of summer air and therefore by nature heavier. So when using the winter air, especially in areas with heavy snow you have the added benefit of added traction.
Oh, and Wacked not being a smart ass will never happen.

Never mind, I didn't see the comma in your statement. >:D

Reactions: Azblue

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dead serious.

OK thanks. To be honest I have never heard of winter air. Can you expand on that for me please? What is it and where to get it? Sorry for the newbe question.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
OK thanks. To be honest I have never heard of winter air. Can you expand on that for me please? What is it and where to get it? Sorry for the newbe question.
Any local auto parts store should carry it. Usually I find it next to the hollow spark plug wires, or sometimes even near the performance floor mats. If it's not on display, sometimes they keep it in the back near the synthetic halogen fluid.

Reactions: Wacked and Azblue

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any local auto parts store should carry it. Usually I find it next to the hollow spark plug wires, or sometimes even near the performance floor mats. If it's not on display, sometimes they keep it in the back near the synthetic halogen fluid.
Thanks Ric. I will google this too, but imagine you are not totally emptying the air in the tires just adding this to it??

Thanks,

·
Chief of Grammar Police
2,497 Posts
Reactions: riccnick

·
Chief of Grammar Police
2,497 Posts
I am glad I could be your entertainment. ;) Wacked you just made the list. LOL

If you cant laugh at yourself....................someone else will. :)
There's a list? :dunno::dunno::dunno: What is it a list of?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.