Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

· "The Midnight Modder"
11,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I need some advice. Hoping the retrofit gurus can help me out. I want to do a signal light (can be drl also but not necessary) but I want to do it in a white ir bluish white. Where can I get these or are there other options I have not tbought of yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Attachments

· "The Midnight Modder"
11,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is what dr006dr said I should ask you guys:

" Ur gonna need to do 1 of 2 things. If u use a normal 3157 led replacement bulb u will pop a turn signal fuse due to the drl option...So on the forum u can do a drl delete or u can find a replacement bulb 3157 led that is capable of having all 3 functions. That's what u need"

I think I wanna keep the drl and signal function but just want to lose the amber bulb. I do not care if it is led or incandescent bulb. I just want a plug and play replacement.

· Premium Member
303 Posts
This is what dr006dr said I should ask you guys:

" Ur gonna need to do 1 of 2 things. If u use a normal 3157 led replacement bulb u will pop a turn signal fuse due to the drl option...So on the forum u can do a drl delete or u can find a replacement bulb 3157 led that is capable of having all 3 functions. That's what u need"

I think I wanna keep the drl and signal function but just want to lose the amber bulb. I do not care if it is led or incandescent bulb. I just want a plug and play replacement.
I don't have drl's so I didn't read very far in depth on the post but I saw one on here about this. I think it was about using switchback l.e.d.s from v leds I think. I saw a YouTube vid on it. They are amber for drl then flash white for turn and glow white with headlights on. I'm pretty sure that's what I saw.
Edit for link and correction.
I was wrong. They are white for drl and flash amber for turn.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· "The Antagonizer"
12,030 Posts
colormatch the shrouds Shakican :D I really like those :thumbsup:

· Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Simple my arse. Looking good, dude bro.Can't wait to see the finished product.

· "The Midnight Modder"
11,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am not doing the work. I like the color match on Gabe's. I however have chrome on my truck so I wanted the shrouds chrome. This is a dr006dr build and so I left it up to him what he thoughr would look best. SP's donor lights are boxed and on the way from Plain an Simple. If all goes well, they will be on my truck by end of next week. I like the vleds idea but $75 seems steep. I recall someone just modifying the 3157 light so drl deos not go on but signal still works. He just bent wire on bulb. I think I like that simple fix.

· Registered
521 Posts
Shaki, i snipped the DRL wire under the drivers kick panel so the DRL amber light wont come on during the day:

how to disable daytime running lights 07 tundra

Then i realized the Amber light would come on when the headlights are on as well, so i did the mod:

Eliminate DRL amber light mod

Now the only time the Amber light comes on is when i use them as a turn signal or hazard light

· "The Midnight Modder"
11,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Umm now I know Wassup for the Weekend.

Thanx dr006dr. These are amazing. This is a work of art. To say you are a master of your craft is such an understatement. So stoked to put them on. Thanks for the headlight Overhaul.

SP, thanks for making this possible.

Attachments

· "The Midnight Modder"
11,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I gotta adjust to living in a condo. No yard and no working on anything after 5pm. Gotta figure out how to plug the ballasts to stock plugs and the new lights. Hoping Rob made it "headlights for dummies" and it is just plug and play.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.