Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 6' lift kit put on my 2014 Tundra and now my truck bed has a noticeable tilt to it. I put procomp 6" with prorunner shock. I had a reputable store do it (I’m not putting their name out there, because i am trying to get them to fix it to my satisfaction). It about 3/4 of an inch off. I was told it was because my gas tank was full, but even after driving till it was out of gas, it’s still off 3/4". is this normal?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Can u post a close up of any gaps that show the bed's tilt?

Reactions: rachelrey

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Most trucks will be about a half inch to a quarter inch lower on the drivers side. Coach builder on here makes a half inch spacer to fix this issue. I bought one, but my truck was acually completely level, so I don't use it. This is a common issue.

·
Premium Member
3,713 Posts
Great looking truck rachelrey!

As others have mentioned this is super common and easily fixed, each shim will provide .50" of total lift and one should do the trick for your truck. if you have a floor jack raise the front driver corner by jacking up on the tow hook .50" the tundra is very front heavy and by correcting the front the truck usually evens out.

Let me know if you need a shim. thanks!

David

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the responses. I heard back from the company and they are willing to replace the rear blocks using 1" bigger on the driver and 1 1/2" bigger on passenger. So the rear would be 1 1/4" higher and a 1/4" off tilt. I can be ok with that. I think this will work. Getting fender flairs put on Saturday, so that’s when it will be fixed. Next will be cargo rack on camper with a matching spare wheel/tire and LED lights. I'm going to like this form. Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Yeah, they shouldn't use a block bigger on the side that's taller. That will make it worse! Get a shim from David like he stated. They guy is a stand up dude and he knows what he talking about.

Reactions: rachelrey

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
get the shims not different size rear blocks.

·
Premium Member
3,713 Posts
Yeah, they shouldn't use a block bigger on the side that's taller. That will make it worse! Get a shim from David like he stated. They guy is a stand up dude and he knows what he talking about.

get the shims not different size rear blocks.
Agreed, Using 2 different sized blocks is not good on the Leafs or the way the rear suspension will move. Shims correct the problem without changing any pivots in the suspension :)

·
Premium Member
3,713 Posts
David,

Where would this front spacer go?
The strut shims install just above the strut assembly, much like a leveling spacer but are .250" thick. if you have a floor jack raise up on the driver front tow hook and you'll see how the truck levels out after raising the front. like I mentioned the weight distribution is off on the Tundra and majority of weight is in the center of the cab forward.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks David.

I will following up with the shop on your idea. Thanks for sharing you r vast knowledge on this issue.

·
Premium Member
3,713 Posts
Thanks David.

I will following up with the shop on your idea. Thanks for sharing you r vast knowledge on this issue.
If they have any questions feel free to pass on my info. The Tundra's have had this issue from day one and is easily corrected :)

·
Premium Member
3,713 Posts
David,

I know we just talked, but whats the cost for the shim.
$15.96 per shim (they provide exactly 1/2" of total lift) and shipping is $6.90

1 - 19 of 19 Posts