Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 Tundra has a softer then normal (when compared to other cars such as 2007 Camry, 2005 Rav 4, 2005 Corolla etc) brake pedal. I have to really press down on the pedal for my Tundra to do quick stops or just stop in general. It is hard to explain, but my Tundra brake pedal just does no feel as firm as other cars Ive drove in the past. Is it normal for Tundras to have softer brake pedals when compared to smaller cars?

I am wondering if I should take it back to the dealership or not. I prefer not too unless I really have too because I just dislike other people playing around with my truck if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I would just take it to the dealer being It's so new

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Comparatively speaking, mine is much softer than an '04 Audi A4, an 2010 Audi A6 and a 2011 Audi A5 I"ve driven recently.

The truck has so much power you really have to hold the pedal down further than on those cars too. It can really lurch off the line.

-rockstate

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My brake pedal is much softer compared to other cars I drove in the past. Yesterday, some geese were crossing the freeway, and I had to do a sudden stop, I almost could not stop because my brake pedal was soft, and I had to really press down on it hard for my truck to stop.

When I pressed the brake pedal, I would say, the first 1/4 of it being pressed down did not slow my truck down at all. Perhaps I will need to go test drive some other Tundras and that way I will know if this is normal for Tundras or if it is just my truck that is having this issue.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Mine doesn't have a lot of stopping power under the first little bit of travel either. I don't know if I'd go as far to say as 1/4 of the travel though... I've never really been on it fully and taken mental notes.

Fords have great brake feel but all the older Chevy's i've driven in the past have all the brakes up front and nothing in the back side.

And, lastly, it's a 5500 lb vehicle (ballpark). It's not realllyyyy goign to stop like a Mini Cooper... in terms of distance or in pedal feel.

-rockstate

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2011 Tundra has a softer then normal (when compared to other cars such as 2007 Camry, 2005 Rav 4, 2005 Corolla etc) brake pedal. I have to really press down on the pedal for my Tundra to do quick stops or just stop in general. It is hard to explain, but my Tundra brake pedal just does no feel as firm as other cars Ive drove in the past. Is it normal for Tundras to have softer brake pedals when compared to smaller cars?

I am wondering if I should take it back to the dealership or not. I prefer not too unless I really have too because I just dislike other people playing around with my truck if you know what I mean.
My Tundra is that way too

·
Registered
8 Posts

I have the same issue with my 2015, had the brake fluid changed and pressure bled, same pedal when done
i have noticed that if I’m idling down a hill the pedal feels real good when I hit the brakes at the end of the hill
i think it’s just normal

·
Registered
622 Posts
Go out to a gravel road and stomp on the brake pedal to initiate the abs system. Do it multiple times. There is a valve inside the abs module that can stick causing a spongy/weak brake pedal feel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts