Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
F.B.I.
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I would chronicle my mods in this thread. Might as well start from the beginning, at the dealer before she shipped:

·
F.B.I.
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Time for tint...

The front windows weren't tinted and the backs had like 30% from the factory. So I put 30% on the fronts (max by law here), and brought the backs down to 15%. I also had clear Huber Optik UV film applied to the windshield. Helps keep the heat down as well as block UV. It's like having an invisible windshield shade:

·
F.B.I.
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Recon 3rd smoked brake light

Ordered the 3rd brake light and tail lights but so far only the 3rd brake light showed up from Recon.

Before:

...and after:

And think it looks nice with the tinted back window. I would say the fit and finish isn't the greatest from Recon for this part and this might be one part you might want to smoke yourself if you have the time (I didn't).

·
F.B.I.
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Amp Power steps

Hopped on the group buy (great experience BTW), so the stock runners had to go, plus it makes the truck look lower to the ground:

Stance looks better without them hanging down IMO:

Here's a video of them in action:
(Coming)

Here it is deployed:

·
F.B.I.
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Low Range Offroad 3/1 leveling kit

I would say this is a must-do at the very least. The stance is so much better, and is ready for my 33's when they show up.

Before (no power step yet):

After (with power step retracted):

...stay tuned, more to come!

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Very nice truck. I noticed that you're getting the Bushwacker Pocket. That will be a nice addition. I'm thinking about BW too...a lot of money so I've been thinking for a long time still :D

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Are you planning on changing the wheels? If so I would be interested in yours stockers.

Sent from my ADR6300 using AutoGuide App

·
F.B.I.
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm keeping the stockers....

·
Registered
13,548 Posts
cool .

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
Nice thread, your mods are coming along nicely. Your wife must love you for your AMP steps. I know mines wanting some, but parting with the ole NFABS will be tough. I just carry a small step ladder for her on nights/days we take the truc, lol.

·
F.B.I.
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Smoked Recon Tails

Thanks guys. The Recon tails'showed up so I popped them in.

Before:

After:

These lights are pretty good, for some reason the driver side doesn't sit quite as nice against the body a the passenger side. It's kind of minor but you would think Recon would have fixed that. Oh well, all in all I'm happy with them.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Looks nice. I did the amp steps on the group buy as well. You know that the stainless steel trim piece slides off?

If you like the look of the steps with the trim piece, more power to you. I prefer them all black. Just wanted to make sure you that you know it comes off.

Truck looks great! I also have a black platinum.

·
F.B.I.
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, yeah, I just never got around to taking them off, it's on the to-do list.

·
F.B.I.
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Volant CAI Installed

I got a used Volant off of eBay, arrived Friday and installed it yesterday evening. Drove it around today... wow.... this thing sounds S-I-C-K!

I was reading up on gasket issues against the fender and Volant themselves say to just leave it off as it was designed to mate up with the air ram they are developing. The gap is so minor I can see why:

I'm real happy with this mod, not gonna get good gas mileage for next couple of tanks, lol!

·
F.B.I.
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know what you mean, in fact my Oracle halo's just showed up today!

1 - 20 of 197 Posts